Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Member portfolios have been improved and are now included on the homepage, now showing various tabbed image sections. Enjoy! Read more about it

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries The Winners Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II - SOLD

JerryLoSardo JerryLoSardo

Is from: Frederick, US
1284 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter Member
Sun 28-May-17 09:15 PM | edited Sat 17-Jun-17 10:01 PM by JerryLoSardo

For sale is my 300mm 2.8 AF-S II (no VR). I purchased this from the original owner about 2 years ago. I sent it back to Nikon for a new focus motor shortly after that, and the lens has worked flawlessly. USA model. Takes superb images, but as I get older I'm leaning towards lighter gear, and, as most of you know, a 300mm f/2.8 is anything but lightweight. Bottom line: I'm just not using it anymore, and it's too good a lens to be sitting in my office unused.

The absence of VR never bothered me since I would never consider using this lens handheld (even if it did have VR).

Cosmetically the lens is in great shape; I would rate it a 9.5 out of 10. The only flaw is several indentation marks on the front rim from the screw that fastens the massive lens hood. Of course, this has no effect on image quality.

Comes with lens hood, rear lens cap, fabric front lens cap (not shown in the images), carrying case, and the following extras:
--Really Right Stuff lens foot (Arca-Swiss compatible)
--Nikon TC-20EII teleconverter (I obtained this when I purchased this lens as part of the deal, and have no further use for it).

There is no box or literature included.

Included in the images below are 2 photos of birds taken with this lens: one with the TC-20EII (bird facing right) and one without the TC-20EII. To be clear, the bird taken with the TC is much farther away on a different bird feeder.

Asking price is $1950 which includes PayPal fees and postage to anywhere in the lower 48.

Gerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

Visit My Nikonians Gallery

Click on image to view larger version