New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR for Sale - SOLD

mmrmaine

Is from: Belfast, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mmrmaine Registered since 27th Feb 2014
Tue 18-Apr-17 10:33 AM | edited Wed 21-Jun-17 10:53 AM by mmrmaine
Due to illness, I need to sell my 600mm F4.0 Nikkor. I had this lens for sale a couple of months ago, but at the time it was worth more to me than the price I could get for it. My situation has changed and to make my wife’s life easier, it needs to go. It is capable of taking extraordinarily detailed photos with great contrast. The out of focus areas are lovely. It focuses extremely quickly.

It looks very nearly new. My illness includes some nerve damage so that I tend to drop things even though I think I have a tight grasp. Recently the lens suffered a drop from a few inches above my pine floor. The drop made no marks, but it did cause the aperture to stick midway in its range. The lens is currently at APS in Illinois, which has always done fine work for me, waiting for parts. When it is returned, I will check it out thoroughly, and it will have APS’s six month warranty on the work they did. They are replacing the aperture arm, bayonet mount, VR mechanism and cleaning and lubricating the lens. It should be as good as new by the time it arrives home. I’m not one to try to pretend it has never been damaged. It certainly did make me feel bad to have been such a klutz, but that’s just the way things are.

I am asking $5500.00 OBO. Includes all the things that came with the lens when purchased new in August, 2013. I have stored it in a long lens bag in a smoke-free house. It is sure to make its new owner very happy. I accept PayPal and can pay for shipping to the lower 48.

G