Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikkor 600mm f4.0, USA version - SOLD

mmrmaine

Is from: Belfast, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mmrmaine Registered since 27th Feb 2014
Sun 11-Dec-16 10:33 AM | edited Sun 22-Jan-17 05:11 PM by mmrmaine
This lovely lens is in like-new condition with the exception of a few rub marks and light scratches on the collar, hoods and barrel. As you can see in the photos, those blemishes are tiny. Lens elements and drop-in NC filter are perfect. I don’t think I’ve ever used a cloth to clean the front element, just a blower for pollen and dust. The mount shows no wear because it has rarely been moved from one camera to another. It has both been stored and carried on trails in the woods in a Vertex big lens bag. Mechanically perfect and all the switches work as they should. The lens spins freely in the tripod collar.

I am selling it because of some health issues which are making it increasingly difficult to manage such a heavy lens along with tripod and gimbal. Included is everything that came with it when purchased new in August, 2013, the fulfillment of many years of dreaming to own a fine telephoto. Asking $6700.00, not inexpensive, but a good value. The new FL versions cost $12,300 and weigh less. It is difficult for me to imagine that the image quality could be any better or that they can acquire focus any more quickly. I have used both Nikon 1.4 TCIII and 1.7TC with my lens but don’t care for the results. Better to get in closer either physically or by cropping, I think. More than a year and a half remain on the 5 year warranty. Shipping and PayPal will be added expenses, and I will be keeping the Wimberley lens foot and plate shown in the photos. The foot that came with it has not been used because it lacks the dovetail slide. Happy to answer questions and send more photos. And a happy holiday season to all.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)