New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff - SOLD

slothead slothead

Is from: Frederick, US
2193 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
slothead Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising campaign 2017 Donor Ribbon awarded for the generous contribution to the 2015 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the contribution to the 2016 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the contribution to the 2020 campaign Nikonian since 11th Aug 2009
Wed 12-Dec-12 12:08 PM | edited Sat 29-Dec-12 04:22 PM by slothead
It is with a heavy heart that I have come to this decision. I am leaving the Nikon Full Frame world and switching to the Micro 4/3 mirrorless system. My reasons are two-fold: I am tired of carrying around big heavy lenses and cameras and the expense of those full-frame systems is becoming more significant than my future budget is going to be able to sustain. So I have a lot of Nikon and full-frame equipment on the block. I take very good care of my equipment and aside from conditions that are acquired with the purchase of used equipment, there is normally very little wear to my gear.

Payment will be by Paypal or bank check allowing for clearing time.

Shipment (shipping cost and insurance not included in pricing) will be per the purchaser's selection and to those within the USA unless arrangements can be made, the cost of which would be at the purchaser's risk (my concern is how the world-wide shippers make shipping estimates - that at times seem ridiculous).

The D800 camera has about 4000 clicks on it. It takes fantastic images and has never had the focusing problem that some seem to report. It has never been back to a repair center for any kind of adjustment. While I had the camera I added LCD and monitor screen protectors to it, and I also added the DK-19 eye cup to it (which works very well I might add), but of course it is removable if not desired. I bought it used from a Florida owner who wanted to switch from the D800 to the D800E. I will be including as much of what I got from him as I can find from the box.

The Markins ULN800 Camera L-Bracket is available (retails for $139.99) and the Nikon SB-900 Speedlight (used to retail for ~450, but currently discontinued - with all its original accessories) is also available.

Several lenses are available since I will not be using them with my μ4/3 system (although some I will be keeping because they will be used). They include the Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR (retails for $1046), the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G (retails for $439), a Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II (retails for $949), AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D (retails for $269), a Nikkor 35-70 f/2.8 recently refurbished (paid $300 + 186 for refurb), AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D (retails for $464)

Several bags are available for the set also, including some major long lens bags (I no longer have my 500P, my 200-400mm F4 VR, or any of my TCs). These consist of the Think Tank Shape Shifter back pack, The Moose Peterson MP-3 back pack (the without the laptop compartment), the Think Tank Gital Holster 40 and the Digital Holster 50.

I also have a Gitzo Systematic GT3541L (retails for about $750, and converted to an LS by implementation of an adapter – so the center column is also available with the tripod) and the GC3100 tripod case (retails for about $100), and a Markins Q20 ball head with knob release ($~400).

The grand total that I have invested in this pile of equipment is about $7600 but if anyone is interested in the entire set, I'll let it go for $6000 even (+ shipping and insurance, unless local). Knowing that there's a snowball's chance that someone will want this entire set, I am open to offers for some part of the set, and will consider all assortments and offers (that doesn't mean I'll take them, but I will consider them ).

I will eventually get around to posting pictures of almost everything, but I will be going about it slowly and will add a couple every day until the entire stock is sold.

I may also be posting it for sale on other sites as well, but will consider the date/time stamp on messages and emails from all to assess who gets there first.

Prices for the above are as follows:

Item/ Retail Price/ Condition/ Asking Price*
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikon D800/ $2996.95/ Excellent (~only 4000 clicks)/ $2600
Markins LN-800 Camera L-Bracket/ $139.99/ Excellent/ $125
Phottix RF Remote Release/ ~$50/ Excellent/ $40
Nikkor 28-300mm F/3.5-5.6 VR/ $1046.95/ Excellent/ $900
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G/ $439.00/ Excellent $350
Nikkor 35-70 f/2.8/ ~$500 invested/ Fully Refurb’ed/ $350
Nikkor 28mm F/2.8/ $269/ Very good/ $125
Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 DG/ $949/ Excellent/ $850
AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D/ $464/ Very good/ $464
TT Shape Shifter back pack/ $250/ Excellent/ $190
Peterson MP-3 back pack/ $305/ Excellent/ $225
Think Tank Holster 40 V1/ $80/ Excellent/ $40
Think Tank Holster 50 V1/ $85/ Excellent/ $50
Nikon SB-900 Speedlight/ ~$450/ Excellent/ $350
Gitzo GT3541L with LS adapter/ $749/ Excellent/ $650
Gitzo GC3100padded tripod case/ $105/ Excellent/ $80
Markins Q20 Head with knob RLS/ $390/ Very good/ $325

* Includes optional elements described in the text above

Some landscape images from the D800 can be found on my Smug Mug page (http://tjmanson.smugmug.com/Landscapes).

D800 with Body Cap

Click on image to view larger version

D800 w/o Body Cap

Front end of the Nikkor 28-300mm VR

Aft end of the 28-300mm VR

SB-900 original equipment

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)

Tom Retired NASA EE Consultant
Z9, Z5, Z50, N1J5, and lots o lenses
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: FS - D800 and stuff - Additional pictures - SOLD
Reply message RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff - SOLD

G