Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Best Approach to Sensor Cleaning

Haymarket

Is from: Haymarket, US
575 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best Approach to Sensor Cleaning"

Haymarket Registered since 06th Jan 2017
Wed 25-Nov-20 11:03 AM
I use a blower to keep the inside of my camera bodies free of the tiny bits that love to end up on the sensors. I also set the sensors to clean themselves shutdown and start up -- but you still have to blow the stuff out of there. Hold the camera upside down with the mirror retracted and use a bulb blower to give it many blasts of air and time enough for the really light stuff to settle out of the cavity. I will do this at least once a week with each body. I still get stuff on the sensor that none of this removes. I have one of the good kits I bought from B&H and about twice a year I will use the swabs to clean the sensors. I have done this for years with no problems. Follow the instructions exactly. Remember it is static that attracts these almost microscopic particles and it takes some energy to remove them. It is also important to keep the outside of the camera bodies and lenses clean and clear of these things. That is probably the major source of the Debis. I'm fortunate in that I have three bodies and rarely change lenses on location. But if I do I carry cloths that I can set on my car or even the ground to set things on. I wash those cloths periodically to keep bits off of them. At the end of the day -- nothing works and it is an endless task that you must perform as part of your regular routine.

John Ellingson, Haymarket, Virginia

A topic tagged as having a question Best Approach to Sensor Cleaning [View all] , techguy817 , Mon 23-Nov-20 01:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best Approach to Sensor Cleaning