Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Custom FN Button for AF-Area Mode?

JStork JStork

Is from: Lymington, UK
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Custom FN Button for AF-Area Mode?"

JStork Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jul 2015
Sun 29-Nov-20 09:33 AM
I would also like the ability to have instant single-point focus available through Fn1 or Fn2, but it isn't available. I had this on my D850 and missed it when I switched to a Z7.

Last week I sat in on a UK Z6II/7II webinar with the two Nikon School stars and they said the facility is not available on the new Z cameras either, but that it was one of the most-requested features. So maybe it will come.

Eric, I appreciate you can make changes with the default Fn button - and I do this - but it is quite slow. If your focus point goes partially into some undergrowth, for example, the only solution is to switch to spot-focus. And you may want to do this quickly.

See www.johnstorkimages.com

A topic tagged as having a question Custom FN Button for AF-Area Mode? [View all] , ClarkJ Silver Member , Fri 20-Nov-20 06:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Custom FN Button for AF-Area Mode?
Reply message RE: Custom FN Button for AF-Area Mode?