Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Tilt-Shift Options

mealsop mealsop

Is from: Norton, US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tilt-Shift Options"

mealsop Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2017
Thu 19-Nov-20 10:04 PM
I really appreciate all your suggestions and I will certainly file them away for future reference.

My main objective is to move the lens up and down while keeping the axis of the lens perpendicular to the sensor plane. I'm not interested in the tilt part of tilt-shift lenses. I have played with the Scheimpflug principle but never found it very useful.

The Fotodiox adapters will shift the lens 20mm, 10mm up / 10mm down. My objective is to find a medium format lens that has excellent image quality right across the image circle and has an image circle large enough to cover the 35mm format sensors when shifted.

In preparation I've created "to-scale" diagrams of 6 medium format image sizes. From these it looks like the image circle of lenses for the H6D-100c frame would be too small.

All the others I've diagramed would be large enough to provide good coverage when shifted the full 10mm.

Now I need help finding a lens with the right mount for one of the Fotodiox tilt-shift adapters.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Tilt-Shift Options [View all] , mealsop Silver Member , Wed 18-Nov-20 02:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tilt-Shift Options