Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6?

plumbernk

Is from: MY
40 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6?"

plumbernk Registered since 13th Nov 2020
Tue 17-Nov-20 12:46 AM
>Did they offer a substantial discount, if so you might not
>have as strong a case. If it was sold priced as one of the
>Nikon discounts or bundles, you would still have every right
>to expect the camera would have full factory warranty. A
>couple years ago B&H got into trouble for passing off 3rd
>party batteries as Nikon, and it was a mess, and hut their
>reputation but they took care of it by replacing all those

Stan,

I was in another place on a training course. Saw this shop in the mall after dinner. It was slightly cheaper than what I saw elsewhere (but cheaper by less than US$50). Bought it with a 18-200 mm lens. After realising it was a grey product as I could not register it online, complained to Nikon. Think they raised this with that Nikon authorised dealer who agreed to exchange it with a non grey camera. BUT the problem was I have to fly to that place to exchange it. They said they did not trust the courier for this product. Not willing to waste a few hundred dollars on the air tickets. So ended up with this grey camera. But it has served me very well! Ha. But I missed out on Nikon events here for registered members. If Nikon staff is reading this, in the future for similar cases, take a step further and help the poor buyers. Help in shipping the product.

Feel that Nikon did not push that dealer real hard as they also need dealers to sell their products and keep some harmony in their supplier-sellers circle.

This time, I will double confirm my new Z6ii is not a grey product! But how? Can only check on online registration.

P/S Why grey product in the camera world? Due to different electrical, safety standards in different parts of the world? That is what I read. But I feel that is a poor excuse, not the real reason. Maybe more to avoid people buying in countries where it is cheaper, resulting in poor sales in countries with higher prices. Please shed some light on this grey camera mystery. Thanks.
A topic tagged as having a question How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6? [View all] , plumbernk , Fri 13-Nov-20 09:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6?