Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6?

km6xz km6xz

Is from: St Petersburg, RU
3967 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6?"

km6xz Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 15-Nov-20 06:16 PM
I suspect the Z6 2 orders are very good, since so many people were waiting for a second generation due to mass hysteria caused by a few YouTube personalities over 1 card slot. The local service center/store here gets them finally in stock Nov 17 and apparently, all they get in the first shipment are sold already. It took a couple of weeks for the first shipment in 2018 to sell out, but back then, the Z7was available before the Z6.
I have had my Z6 and use is almost daily, and seldom use my DSLRs or collection of fast F mount lenses. It is a VERY competent camera.
The 24-200 is a versatile lens but unless you are shooting primarily with good light, it is not very fast aperture and will need flash for indoor shooting except at wide angle end of the Zoom. As a general lensat a bargain price that embarrassed top fast F mount zoom, you should consider the24-70 f/4 S lens.It is available as a kit lens and optically it is superior to any F mount zoom. All the S lenses are great. My two most-used lenses out of a collection of the best F glass available and S lenses is the 24-70 f/4 and 85 1.8 S.
I have the G and E versions of the 24-70 2.8 zooms and although the E is the best of all mid zooms on an F mount camera, the little 1/4th the price 24-70 f/4 is better optically corner to corner. The 50 1.8 S compared to all my 50mm lenses from 1.2 to 1.8 and the S 1.8 is better in many ways. The new 24-70 2.8 S and 70-200 2.8 S zooms are probably the best zooms made by and brand at any price. To starts out with the Z bodies, I think a lot of people on this forum will agree, the 24-70 f/4 is the real deal, plus add a prime.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6? [View all] , plumbernk , Fri 13-Nov-20 09:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How is Z6ii sale volume compared to Z6?