Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Looking at the Z6ii, should I

RustyJones

Is from: Carmel, US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Looking at the Z6ii, should I"

RustyJones Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2019
Sat 14-Nov-20 11:38 AM
>Hard to see why you are interested in the Z6 ll as you
>haven't noted any objectives that the upgrade will accomplish,
>such as improved video or significantly sharper Z glass. As
>other's have indicated, you have an excellent DX kit and with
>the Z50 a solid mirrorless performer. A used Z6 might be a
>better option as perhaps the Z6 ll has few additional features
>that you need or want.

As mentioned above, being able to view the image in the EVF without putting my glasses on is a plus. I do some DIY videos so the 4K60FPS will be useful for some B-roll and other stuff. And a nice feature is the ability to charge and run the camera off a USB, again for video. When I only had one battery for the Z50, impromptu video shooting sessions were sometimes cut short due to a dead battery. I have two batteries now, but still worry. I have 2x 20,000mAh battery banks that I use to charge on the go. IBIS... I have used the Z50 handheld for some video, and while I do notice when the image stabilization is on and off, there is still some shake, hoping the addition of IBIS in the Z6ii helps. It also has the benefit of stabilizing some of the old non-VR autofocus glass when used with the FTZ adapter, although only 2 (or 3) axis, not the 5 axis It could be most of the features I am looking at are Video related? The D7500 is great for photos, but is a dog for video, for me. Its autofocus leaves a lot to be desired, actually useless for me when doing DIY videos on a workbench. It focus hunts all over the place. That reason alone caused me to get the Z50. And I could not be happier with the Z50 for what it does. It was a toss up between the Z50 and the Canon M50, I wanted to stay in the Nikon ecosystem, so that is why I went Z50.

One of , not the only, reason I don't want a Z6, or Z7 is that they only use expensive memory cards. The CFxpress cards are 4-6x what a SD costs. I have a stack of 64 and 128GB SD cards Now that the Z6ii has 2 slots, one being a SD compatible slot, is a bonus. I am sure at some point I might switch to CFXpress, but quite not ready yet.

As far as sharper glass?? I am still researching....

Rusty

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Looking at the Z6ii, should I [View all] , RustyJones Silver Member , Thu 12-Nov-20 05:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Looking at the Z6ii, should I