Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Z6II has better image quality than expected

nkcllewis nkcllewis

Is from: Ashburn, US
6754 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Z6II has better image quality than expected"

nkcllewis Gold Member Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2017 Charter Member
Fri 13-Nov-20 04:44 PM | edited Fri 13-Nov-20 04:55 PM by nkcllewis
Stan, thanks for this write-up about YouTube influencers. It makes perfect sense and yes. They seem to be relying on the axiom that if you repeat something over and over, even if it isn't based on fact, people will come to believing it is fact.

I just gave my daughter my beloved Sony NEX-6 with it's fabulous APS-C 16mb sensor. It was much smaller than my D610 - D750 at the time. I ended up taking it everywhere. I took many pictures with that camera with it's tiny kit lens and even sold a few that were cropped.

But realistically, the NEX-6 was a challenge ergonomically and a pain to use with lots of lag in startup. And, if you didn't use it frequently, you'd have to remember how to find key functions in the menu or how to use the dial in the back for such things as how to change the aperture when in manual mode.

So, I never bothered with the next gen Sony's because Sony simply didn't "get it" when it came to actual "use-ablility"; things like a decent menu and ergonomics. But, it was that little NEX-6 that turned me onto the benefits of mirrorless. And because of the NEX-6, I knew way back then that DSLRs were old technology and that Nikon would eventually come on-board. So now that I have a Z7 and a Z50, I'm pretty much set for many, many years to come.

Thanks again,

Kent

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

"A poor worker always blames his tools" Anonymous

A general, generic topic Z6II has better image quality than expected [View all] , FFN Gold Member Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2017-2018 , Wed 11-Nov-20 11:59 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Z6II has better image quality than expected