Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Archiving raw files

Dakotaboy Dakotaboy

Is from: Minot, US
629 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Archiving raw files"

Dakotaboy Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his efforts to make easier to reach landscape information at Nikon... Nikonian since 05th Sep 2014
Sat 02-May-15 08:35 PM | edited Sat 02-May-15 08:38 PM by Dakotaboy
I did figure out where my original photos are with your help. I also have a book on lightroom 5 which I should be looking at more often. Between the book and your help I may have this figured out. Per the book I reorganized my photos into one main file under the Windows Picture folder which is Lightrooms default folder. Called it My Lightroom Photos. then put everything into that file. Then to experiment I went into lightroom and brought up a photo that was originally in color and had been changed to b&w. Went thru process of importing and found photo in My lightroom photo file and it brought it back up in the original drab color. What was throwing me off was the Windows Picture folder shows photo for jpeg files but only shows a generic landscape figure for all dng files. Windows just doesnt show the picture for dng files but data is all there. I do backup my whole system nightly with an external hard drive.

John

John Meiers
"Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I am going to take tomorrow" - Imogen Cunningham
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Archiving raw files [View all] , Dakotaboy Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his efforts to make easier to reach landscape information at Nikon... , Fri 01-May-15 09:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Archiving raw files