Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

After Effects Course and Compendium by Ben Goldsmith

Obregon Obregon

Is from: Southold, US
3060 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: After Effects Course and Compendium by Ben Goldsmit"

Obregon Moderator Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level of skill in several areas.  Charter Member
Tue 13-Dec-22 12:53 PM
I objected to the particular book. But, I've used After Effects for some time now,, and it does things that I can't do with a video in Premiere Pro. For example, I had a video of a bird bobbing up and down on a branch. It was such a windy day that even my camera and tripod were moving. I tried to apply Warp Stabilizer in Premiere Pro but things still kept moving around. I moved the image to After Effects and selected just the trunk of a tree to stabilize. This did the job. The clip showed this bird in the wind, clinging desperately to a branch, but the trunk didn't move. I couldn't have saved a great clip without After Effects. You can see that Video here; it's the kingfisher segment:

I think the best book to learn After Effects is the Classroom in a Book version, reviewed here:
https://www.nikonians.org/forum/topic/195-2424-2424/adobe-after-effects-2022-by-lisa-fridsma-et-al
A general, generic topic After Effects Course and Compendium by Ben Goldsmith [View all] , Obregon Moderator Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level of skill in several areas.  , Sun 13-Nov-22 05:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: After Effects Course and Compendium by Ben Goldsmit
Reply message Just fabulous!