Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

D7200 Terrible Battery Life (long)

Montag311 Montag311

53 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7200 Terrible Battery Life (long)"

Montag311 Registered since 08th Jan 2017
Wed 22-Mar-17 09:52 PM
Although I'm sure that no one has been breathlessly awaiting an update on my D7200, I will post one anyway, knowing that many times these threads are read months and even years later by people looking for resolutions for their similar problems.

I sent my camera to APS in Morton Grove based on numerous positive reviews. I probably should have called them first because they would not attempt to fix my camera, but instead shipped it directly to Nikon. I'm not sure if they had to do this because Nikon had done the previous (unsuccessful) service or if it was because of the nature of the problem, but it was back at CamTech for the second time. After they received it I did not hear from them for two full weeks so I sent an e-mail asking about the repair. The rep responded within a couple of hours and said that they would check with the technician to see what was going on. The next day the repair was finished and they shipped it back to me.

Unlike the first service where they only checked and cleaned, this time they actually replaced a part. The invoice says RPL MEMORY COMPRESSION, which seems to be a circuit board of some type, but even a fair amount of Googling doesn't turn up much info about this part.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic that my battery drain issue seems to be resolved. I've been trying to re-create conditions similar to the ones where I had such poor battery life previously, i.e., taking 100-150 pictures over a two-day period with the camera being powered on continuously for 4-5 hours each day and going in and out of stand-by mode as pictures are taken. So far 154 pictures have used only 10% of the battery. That's more like it!

Altogether, I was without my camera for over five weeks, and of course it cost me a few dollars to ship it, but everything else was covered by warranty. I'm just happy that it seems to be fixed.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7200 Terrible Battery Life (long) [View all] , Montag311 , Sun 12-Feb-17 12:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7200 Terrible Battery Life (long)