New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikon 300mm F2.8 VRII in Mint condition - interested?

Kennebunk Larry Kennebunk Larry

Is from: Westford, US
144 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon 300mm F2.8 VRII in Mint condition - intereste - SOLD"

Kennebunk Larry Registered since 22nd Jan 2003
Tue 12-Sep-17 07:46 PM
Hi Gary,

Yes it is and thanks for your interest.

To be honest, I had changed my mind about selling it but if you were going to pay me my asking price without quibbling, I would consider selling it. The crazy thing is I don't use it but after spending almost $6000 on it and I had decided I just couldn't/ wouldn't sell it for less. Also, I just ordered a D850 and of all my lenses, the 300mm is the best match quality and resolution wise to the D850. On the other hand, I'm a weak 71 year old... Not sickly... Just not strong and it's too heavy for me to handhold. When I have used it's always been on a RRS full gimbal. Finally, another reason I was selling was to have the $$$ to buy the D850 but now it appears my wife is 'letting' me but it anyway.

Sorry for the long explanation but I'm just trying to be honest and possibly a little entertaining.

If you decide that $4,250 is more than you want to spend, you'll make my life less stressful

Thanks,
Larry

PS- if you bought my D800 for the $1,150, then I'd be happy!
Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery

A general, generic topic Nikon 300mm F2.8 VRII in Mint condition - interested? [View all] , Kennebunk Larry , Wed 02-Aug-17 03:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 300mm F2.8 VRII in Mint condition - intereste - SOLD
Reply message RE: Nikon 300mm F2.8 VRII in Mint condition - intereste - SOLD