Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens

drallocca drallocca

Is from: Northport, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drallocca Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Dec 2021
Fri 27-Oct-23 11:51 AM
I ordered this lens from B&H the beginning of August. Apparently, I didn't get in on the first batch. They have no idea when I will get this lens.

John

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

the diewrecktor the diewrecktor

Is from: NW of Jacksonville, US
5519 posts

#1. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

the diewrecktor Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 07th Jan 2014
Fri 27-Oct-23 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. From what I gather, Nikon is still filling pre-orders for that lens from June 21, 2023. Hopefully production will catch up to demand. Good luck.

Best Regards
Carman

-Life is short. Learn and carry on. Enjoy the journey and most of all, have fun.
bggary bggary

Is from: Everett, US
222 posts

#2. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

bggary Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Dec 2013
Fri 27-Oct-23 07:46 PM
I ordered through my local shop (Kenmore Camera) and they - this week - told me that they were getting their third batch, and that they should get enough to clear their backorders "within 2 months".

<O_O>

benttop benttop

Is from: Puyallup, WA,, US
651 posts

#3. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

benttop Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jul 2016
Sat 28-Oct-23 03:34 PM
My order was on June 28, and yesterday I got the notification it is ready to be shipped, direct from Nikon. I learned my lesson ordering from B&H on popular items. A full YEAR for my 500mm pf. And about 9 months for my D850. My Z9 was also much quicker at 5 months direct from Nikon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Steve Cavanaugh -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fred98

Is from: US
7 posts

#4. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

fred98 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2022
Sat 28-Oct-23 10:07 PM
I'm non NPS and I was very fortunate to receive mine from my dealer two weeks ago. They are coming.
absaroka1 absaroka1

Is from: O'Fallon, US
155 posts

#5. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

absaroka1 Gold Member Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Ribbon awarded for his very generous contribution to the 2017 fundraising campaign. Ribbon awarded for her generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2017 Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013
Sun 29-Oct-23 12:26 PM
I ordered the lens directly from Nikon on June 26. I got an e-mail from them three days ago stating mine was in and they would be shipping soon. I have gotten in the habit of ordering directly from Nikon instead of going through B&H, I think it's faster.

absaroka1 absaroka1

155 posts

#6. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 3

absaroka1 Gold Member Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Ribbon awarded for his very generous contribution to the 2017 fundraising campaign. Ribbon awarded for her generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2017 Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013
Sun 29-Oct-23 12:29 PM
I agree. Directly from Nikon is faster than through B&H. I realized that when I had ordered the Z9.

drallocca drallocca

5 posts

#7. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 5

Sun 29-Oct-23 12:58 PM
I think you are right. I will order from now on directly from Nikon. But, at this point I'm not sure I should cancel the order with B&H because it may put me at the bottom of the Nikon list.

John

absaroka1 absaroka1

155 posts

#8. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 7

Sun 29-Oct-23 02:18 PM
You could keep your B&H order active, and when you get an e-mail telling you your order from one is going to be shipped soon, cancel the other.

apakett apakett

Is from: San Diego, US
536 posts

#9. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

apakett Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2013
Mon 30-Oct-23 01:11 PM
My local dealer told me that the Z 180-600 lens was arriving slowly, one or two at a time. They had a small backlog as they did not get that many orders. My recommendation would therefore be to call all dealers within driving distance or the smaller national dealers. You may find one with either one in stock or no wait list.

www.apakett.com

drallocca drallocca

5 posts

#10. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 9

Mon 30-Oct-23 02:25 PM
I spoke to Nikon today. They said I should just stay on the B&H order list otherwise, I will go to the bottom of their list.

John

duh59 duh59

Is from: Rochester, US
619 posts

#11. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

duh59 Silver Member Charter Member
Tue 31-Oct-23 12:28 AM
Just FYI , I ordered from B&H June 22, and mine is still backordered. Should be worth the wait.

Virge

duh59 duh59

619 posts

#12. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 10

Wed 08-Nov-23 01:38 PM
Click on image to view larger version

Yes ! my lens was delivered on Monday from B&H
Problem was on my Z6, I could not set VR, tried other lenses on my Z6 and they worked fine.
Tried new card, fully charged battery, I even read the owners manual .
Maybe, just maybe my firmware was not up to date. Checked and yes, way down level.
Upgraded to latest firmware and everything worked as it should. I guess keeping equipment
up to date is important!

The lens looks good, handles well , and the few pictures I took sharp and overall I like it.

Hope you get your lens soon.

Virge
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Virge

ldray ldray

Is from: Willow Spring, US
30 posts

#13. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

ldray Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2011
Wed 08-Nov-23 01:57 PM
I ordered mine from B&H early morning June 21 and received it on October 25. Now I need to put it to use.
Good luck!

Visit my Nikonians gallery

drallocca drallocca

5 posts

#14. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

Thu 16-Nov-23 12:28 PM
I just got it today (11/16/23). Did some quick test shots in my back yard. Great lens.

Now, I just need a Sherpa to carry it.

John

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

duh59 duh59

619 posts

#15. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 14

Thu 16-Nov-23 12:38 PM
Congratulations, you will like it. I am getting used to the size and weight of it. My first really big lens.

Virge

Virge

Shovelhead Shovelhead

Is from: Lake Stevens, US
3790 posts

#16. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

Shovelhead Registered since 29th Sep 2014
Thu 16-Nov-23 02:41 PM
I pre-ordered mine about two weeks after it came out. Started to hear the wait was going to be long. Having went through the same thing with the 500mm PF I canceled it and upgraded to the 800mm PF, fantastic lens.

Rick

bggary bggary

Is from: Everett, US
222 posts

#17. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

bggary Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Dec 2013
Thu 16-Nov-23 04:00 PM
Got mine yesterday. +1 on the "need a sherpa to carry it"

But (in limited testing, so far) seems like a pretty great lens

Bruce

dorthzyx dorthzyx

Is from: Billings, US
9 posts

#18. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 0

dorthzyx Registered since 02nd Mar 2021
Sat 13-Jan-24 01:17 PM
I have finally received notice that my 180-600 is on the way. Ordered it 9/13/23 from Adorama.
EYeye EYeye

Is from: FORT WORTH, US
538 posts

#19. "RE: No luck yet with the Nikon 180-600 mm z lens" | In response to Reply # 18

EYeye Registered since 15th Sep 2012
Sat 13-Jan-24 10:48 PM
I ordered in November. Realized it would be so long as to miss LOTS of shooting, so I bought a Nikkor 500mm f5.6 PF used for almost the same price, and am sorry that I will not know whether the 180-600 would have pleased me as much.

Enjoy yours, and I am sure many of us would love to read your opinions, and see your shots with it!

EYeye

G