Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

What's the next step

mike70

Is from: Terrace Park, US
19 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mike70 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2007
Wed 09-Jun-21 03:47 PM
I've taken some shots with my new Z6 and now I want to move a full copy to photoshop. How do I do that. I can't seem to find a way to send a copy to my desk top to then go into photoshop to edit and eventually print.

On the same subject how do I move movie files to an editable app.

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Grandpaparazi Grandpaparazi

Is from: South Texas, US
570 posts

#1. "RE: What's the next step" | In response to Reply # 0

Grandpaparazi Platinum Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2018
Wed 09-Jun-21 05:36 PM
Based on your profile you’re an experienced photographer with previous digital cameras. The file transfer to your computer has not changed. Decide where you want to put the photos and either tether your camera to the computer or use a memory card reader,

The new bit is most likely in downloading the latest RAW conversion software for Photoshop. With every new camera comes upgrades, and you’ll need to install them in Photoshop before you can open and process an image.

Kevin

"To photograph; it is to put on the same line of sight the head, the eye, and the heart." Henri Cartier-Bresson

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
See my portfolio.

luckyphoto luckyphoto

Is from: Port Charlotte, US
1612 posts

#2. "RE: What's the next step" | In response to Reply # 0

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010
Thu 10-Jun-21 02:42 PM
Hi Mike. A few pieces of information from you would help. Are you using a PC or a Mac and what photo software do you currently have or are planning to use?

There's more than one way to do this, but here is one way.
1. Get a USB cable that connects from your Z6 to your computer.
2. Create a folder on your computer for the photos you took.
3. Upload the NEF (raw), .mov (movie) or JPEG photos to that folder.
4. You can then open any of the NEF files with Photoshop by going to File -> Open and then navigate to the folder you created and select one of the NEF files and open it.

That should get you started.

Larry

A comment on digital photography - "Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Please Visit MY WEBSITE if you would like to see examples of my photography.

mike70

Is from: Terrace Park, US
19 posts

#3. "RE: What's the next step" | In response to Reply # 2

mike70 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2007
Sat 12-Jun-21 08:38 AM
Thanks for responding. I think the usb cable is the way to go unless there is a card reader for what seems to be a card I've never used before. I'll chech that out.

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery

NElwood NElwood

Is from: Winter Springs, US
39 posts

#4. "RE: What's the next step" | In response to Reply # 3

NElwood Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2014
Sat 12-Jun-21 11:00 AM
As soon as the CFExpress cards came out, there were card readers for it. I have tried several and recommend the Delkin. I believe Sony has one that will read both XQD and CFExpress cards, but normally they do not read both. But you know you can use a XQD card too, not knowing what other cameras you have had. T

Take care
Nancy Elwood
www.naturesportal.net
Workshops both locally and Abroad

G