Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Z7 II - How to have your shot appear in the LCD auto

dvhughes dvhughes

Is from: St. Petersburg, US
125 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dvhughes Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2005
Wed 09-Jun-21 02:56 PM
I recently received my Z7 II and love it.

1. I have not been able to find in Busch's book how to make an exposure and have it appear "automatically" in the LCD. I normally shoot using the eyepiece but like to check the LCD. My 850 did this automatically, as I recall.

2. When I turn on the camera, the LCD comes on and remains on. After a minute or so it goes off. I haven't been able to find the option to change it. This makes for a short battery life.

I love the size and weight of the Z7 II.

Dennis Hughes, Chandler, AZ dvhughes@mindspring.com

Dennis Hughes

Visit my Nikonians gallery

jbloom jbloom

Is from: Wethersfield, US
8239 posts

#1. "RE: Z7 II - How to have your shot appear in the LCD aut" | In response to Reply # 0

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always e... Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004
Thu 10-Jun-21 03:00 AM
I believe what you are looking for is the Image Review setting of the Playback menu.

If you wish to change the amount of time the monitor stays on when the camera is idle, you can do so via Custom Settings menu item c3: Power Off Delay.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Ineluki Ineluki

Is from: Nuremberg, DE
8523 posts

#2. "RE: Z7 II - How to have your shot appear in the LCD aut" | In response to Reply # 0

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011
Thu 10-Jun-21 03:16 AM
PBlais PBlais

Is from: Hayes, US
3486 posts

#3. "RE: Z7 II - How to have your shot appear in the LCD aut" | In response to Reply # 2

PBlais Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2017 Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the 2017-2018 fundraising campaign Nikonian since 19th Jan 2014
Thu 10-Jun-21 08:28 AM
After that the Focus Modes is also worth a deep dive as well. Steve does great videos and ebooks too.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
See my portfolio.

dvhughes dvhughes

125 posts

#4. "RE: Z7 II - How to have your shot appear in the LCD aut" | In response to Reply # 1

Thu 10-Jun-21 09:33 AM
Jon, thanks for the head up. That's the one menu section I haven't visited, but it's obvious it would be there.

thanks,

Dennis
dvhughes dvhughes

125 posts

#5. "RE: Z7 II - How to have your shot appear in the LCD aut" | In response to Reply # 2

Thu 10-Jun-21 10:23 AM
Egbert,

Steve Perry is great. My Z7 II UTube search didn't turn up him videos, but I will now search by his name. Thanks for the reference.

I'm going to send this to my dealer to recomment to all new Z7 II purchases.

Dennis
dvhughes dvhughes

125 posts

#6. "RE: Z7 II - How to have your shot appear in the LCD aut" | In response to Reply # 3

Fri 11-Jun-21 07:13 PM
Hayes, Thanks, I'm sold on Steve's tutorials. Tomorrow I'll finish out his videos and then have a second look oft them..

Dennis

G