Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikon Z 5 Configuration Settings Sheets (Excel version)

chroaz chroaz

Is from: Platanillo de Barú, San José,, CR
868 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chroaz Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009
Fri 30-Apr-21 08:34 PM | edited Sat 01-May-21 11:30 AM by chroaz
In the past I have constructed a number of Configuration Spreadsheets for Nikon D600, D700 and D800 series cameras as an aid for Nikonians in setting up their cameras.

I have just completed my first Beta version for the Nikon Z5 and have uploaded it to Dropbox where you can view and download it from this link >>

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/segh4v1psmyb7uj/AAB59bUG3FbqornWpd3QC0wia?dl=0

I would recommend you download it for viewing and use - as working on-line can be a bit iffy!

I have also saved it to Google Drive which you can access from this link >> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HrO0e0jCiSj4QdPXs1E8ajCp3NMEMygp/view?usp=sharing << Google Docs seems to have a bit of a mind of its own and I haven't fully tested the Google Drive version, so things may not behave quite as they should!

It still needs a bit of work and I would be grateful if anybody finds any problems or errors with it they could let me know so I can correct things.

Cheers and Enjoy your Nikons!

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams
www.throughmeyelens.smugmug.com

MEMcD MEMcD

Is from: US
48065 posts

#1. "RE: Nikon Z 5 Configuration Settings Sheets (Excel vers" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Sat 01-May-21 11:36 AM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing!

Best Regards,
Marty
See my portfolio.

chroaz chroaz

868 posts

#2. "RE: Nikon Z 5 Configuration Settings Sheets - UPDATED" | In response to Reply # 0

Sun 02-May-21 07:43 PM
I have just uploaded the general RELEASE Version.1.0 of the Z5 Configuration Settings Sheets (Z5 Configuration Settings_RELEASE Vs_1.0_Excel.xls) to dropbox, which supercedes other versions.

You can download the file from this link:

There is a version history at the bottom of the Instructions page, and I would recommend you replace any earlier version with this one as a number of errors, ommissions and functional issues have been corrected and new functionality added.

I hope you find this useful and, as usual, please let me know if you find any errors or boo-boos.

Enjoy your Nikons!

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

bgs bgs

Is from: Uppsala, SE
10868 posts

#3. "RE: Nikon Z 5 Configuration Settings Sheets - UPDATED" | In response to Reply # 2

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter Member
Wed 05-May-21 02:15 AM

Bo - Founder & Administrator
Join the members that keep this community up and running
:camera:

chroaz chroaz

868 posts

#4. "RE: Nikon Z 5 Configuration Settings - Firmware Update" | In response to Reply # 0

Sat 08-May-21 07:16 PM | edited Sat 08-May-21 07:17 PM by chroaz
Nikon have issued a Firmware update for the Z5 upgrading the camera to c 1.10.

This upgrade allows users to save a focus postion (from the Set-Up menu), so that when the camera is turned off the last focus position will be saved, and available when turned on again. This is very useful, especially for macro or product photography, and can save a lot of time. They have reportedly also improved low-light AF when you are using low-light AF mode. Z6II and Z7II users already have the Save focus position option.

I have updated the spreadhseet (Vs. 1.0.1) accordingly and the updated file can be downloaded from this Dropbox link:

Enjoy your Nikons!

(ps. Admins may want to update the static link in the resources page)

- Ansel Adams

G