Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails

Nikon32250 Nikon32250

Is from: Jacksonville, US
4466 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004
Wed 27-Feb-08 08:13 AM
I put up for sale several items over the last week or so. Today I received many, many email notifications from people who had sent me a PM days ago for various items which I never received until now. There is a short thread on this in the English Cafe.

However I want the Mods here to know about the problem. I'm sure many people were wondering why I hadn't responded to them. Sorry folks but somehow the inbound emails got hung up in cyberspace between you, Nikonians and me.

Until it's fixed I would suggest that anyone with something to sell pay close attention to your listing. If someone posts that they have emailed you but you haven't received it then I would suggest that you update your listing so that other person knows you still haven't received their email.

Graham
Living near Jacksonville Beach, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

#1. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 0

Wed 27-Feb-08 08:50 AM
Check your 'Bulk' e-mail bin (if you have Yahoo). I had a buyer reply end up in there and I just happened to check it. Sadly, I had sold the item to the next in line thinking the first person never responded.

#2. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 0

Wed 27-Feb-08 08:58 AM | edited Wed 27-Feb-08 11:45 AM by DaveOHUSA
No...it wasn't in the "bulk" email for me either... I just received an email from Feb 23rd that the potential customer told me he sent and I told him he didn't. Had I receive this we could have worked out a deal before he bought elsewhere. I am sorry. This just showed up in my email box this morning also. There is a problem and the OP is correct... As seen in the info I copied from the email header below, you can see the dates in and out of the nikcluster address...
***Removed as Mods have resolved this issue***

My apologies to my potential buyers...

#3. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 0

Wed 27-Feb-08 09:06 AM
This same situation happened to me this morning...As well to another Nikonian in Minn.
Nikon32250 Nikon32250

Is from: Jacksonville, US
4466 posts

#4. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 1

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004
Wed 27-Feb-08 09:10 AM
I checked my spam mail, and they weren't hung up in there. They all came directly to my regular eMail that I use through BellSouth.

Graham
Living near Jacksonville Beach, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

#5. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 3

Wed 27-Feb-08 09:14 AM
I had the same thing happen to me, receiving emails and PM notifications from Nikonians in bulk this morning and have sent the moderators a note.

Apologies to all thar that tried to reach me regarding items that I had for sale.

Best regards,

Hugh in Fort Lauderdale
timkoo

Is from: Urbana, US
149 posts

#6. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 5

timkoo Registered since 09th Oct 2007
Wed 27-Feb-08 09:25 AM
Same here
Might be best to have people directly e-mail you instead of via Nikonians.

Had about 12 e-mails dumped to me this morning.
Strange thing is that I received a couple yesterday (real time)

D200 w/ MB-D200 | D80 w/ MB-D80 | 10.5 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8D | 17-50 f/2.8 | 85 f/1.4D | 80-200 f/2.8 AF-S | SB-800 | 3x SB-600 w/ LSII
www.timkoo.smugmug.com

#7. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 6

Wed 27-Feb-08 09:27 AM
Only problem with that is you are not supposed to put your email address in the sale ad...
jbailey930 jbailey930

Is from: Potomac Falls, US
295 posts

#8. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 7

jbailey930 Registered since 29th Apr 2007
Wed 27-Feb-08 09:30 AM
Same behaviour for my FS add. Fortunately the poster appended the message string. Two days delay seemingly for the email notification.

let us know whats going on.

Best - JB
FX, DX - FE & F3HP
Visit my Nikonians gallery

#9. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 0

Wed 27-Feb-08 09:34 AM
I had the same problem, checked my email this morning and had 20-30 emails some in my inbox, other in my span folder, all from this forum.

My apologies to those I may have missed due to this delay.

What would help, is if those who pm the seller would reply to thread first. I had far more people contact me than reply to the thread, so there would have been no way to reconcile the two.

Tim Lucente
Click HERE to see my online galleries.

#10. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 9

Wed 27-Feb-08 10:00 AM
Waving my hand in agreement here....was kinda wondering if i had offended someone when i placed a FS ad. Got a bunch of replies this morning from Feb 12-13- & 14

Sorry to anyone i didn't get back too....

#11. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 10

Wed 27-Feb-08 10:02 AM
>Waving my hand in agreement here....was kinda wondering if i
>had offended someone when i placed a FS ad. Got a bunch of
>replies this morning from Feb 12-13- & 14
>
>Sorry to anyone i didn't get back too....

me to, just got several emails today for a lens sold last week& already delived
camicus

Is from: US
103 posts

#12. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 0

camicus Registered since 27th Aug 2007
Wed 27-Feb-08 10:24 AM
It happened to me this morning too. I got 13 emails on something that I already shipped out a week ago today. A lot of the emails were from around the 17th of this month.

take care

cameron
dmath dmath

Is from: Vevey, CH
326 posts

#13. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 12

dmath Registered since 30th Jan 2008
Wed 27-Feb-08 10:49 AM

Same here. In fact, I got email notification for a post in a thread to which I subscribed. The post was from Feb 13 -- a two week delay. This was not in the "I Want To Sell" forum.

David
Dan Ryan Dan Ryan

Is from: Sebastopol, US
624 posts

#14. "I think RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 7

Dan Ryan Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007
Wed 27-Feb-08 11:01 AM
>Only problem with that is you are not supposed to put your
>email address in the sale ad...
>
If you encript a little and put your email address in a form similar to "nameatISPdotcom" it will be okay and folks in the forum should be able to figure it out. It is never a good idea to put your actual mail address online.
Dan

#15. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 5

Wed 27-Feb-08 11:23 AM
Same here. Many emails this morning from the beginning of the month. Apologies to all for not getting back to you.

Jim
briantilley briantilley

Is from: Paignton, UK
30433 posts

#16. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" | In response to Reply # 0

briantilley Silver Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Wed 27-Feb-08 11:34 AM
The cause of this problem has been investigated and resolved. An explanation of what happened can be found in this other thread.

Thanks, everyone.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

G