Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - SOLD

mklass mklass

Is from: Bremerton, US
18216 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, ... Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Ribbon awarded for his most generous donation in 2017 Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the 2017 fundraising campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the most generous contribution to the 2015 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the extraordinary generous contribution to the 2016 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the most generous contribution to the 2016 campaign Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Wed 20-Mar-19 09:53 PM | edited Thu 04-Apr-19 04:00 PM by mklass
I am going in a different direction with my FX zooms, and this is one of a few lenses that I will be selling.

It is a Sigma 100-300mm f/4 IF APO HSM lens. It is in excellent condition with no scratches of fungus on the glass, no wear on the body, and functions just like new. I have used in on a D500 with V1.14 firmware and a D850 with V1.01 firmware, as well as on a D810.

It will also work well with a Sigma APO EX 1.4x teleconverter, making it a 140-420 f/5.6 combination. (It will not work with the new Sigma Global Vision 1401 TC or Nikon TC's). Depending on your camera, it may AF with the Sigma APO EX @.0 TX, or may only manual focus. Kenko TX's also work the same as Sigma EX TC's with this lens.

It includes both lens caps, the ballistic nylon case, an 82mm Tiffin 812 Warming Filter and Kirk KES-310 Arca-Swiss compatible lens plate.

Click on image to view larger version

Here are a few sample images. Additional unedited images are available here: https://flash.nikonians.org/yrmcs35g

Price is $350, including insured shipping to all 50 states via USPS Priority or UPS Ground and PayPal fees.

You can also pick up in Tacoma, WA, if you wish.
Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Attachment#6 (jpg file)
Attachment#7 (jpg file)
Attachment#8 (jpg file)

Mick
"The difference between a professional photographer and other photographers is the pro doesn't show you the bad shots."

Web Site: http://www.mickklassphoto.com
My Nikonians Galleries: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/117796

See my portfolio.

mklass mklass

18216 posts

#1. "RE: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - PRICE REDUCED - SOLD" | In response to Reply # 0

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, ... Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Ribbon awarded for his most generous donation in 2017 Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the 2017 fundraising campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the most generous contribution to the 2015 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the extraordinary generous contribution to the 2016 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the most generous contribution to the 2016 campaign Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Sun 24-Mar-19 03:31 PM
Reduced to $295

Mick
"The difference between a professional photographer and other photographers is the pro doesn't show you the bad shots."

My Nikonians Galleries: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/117796

See my portfolio.

asphericalAmy asphericalAmy

Is from: US
2 posts

#2. "RE: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - PRICE REDUCED - SOLD" | In response to Reply # 1

asphericalAmy Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2019
Thu 04-Apr-19 06:20 AM
I may be interested in this lens if y still have it. Can you tell me your impression of sharpness and fringing at wide apertures?

Thanks! Amy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Schnauzer3

Is from: Livingston, US
956 posts

#3. "RE: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - PRICE REDUCED - SOLD" | In response to Reply # 2

Schnauzer3 Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Mar 2016
Thu 04-Apr-19 12:34 PM
Mick

If Amy does not Purchase I will... Be up your way in about 3 weeks

mklass mklass

18216 posts

#4. "RE: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - SOLD" | In response to Reply # 0

Thu 04-Apr-19 12:38 PM
Amy,

Th e lens is still available.

I have not seen any noticeable fringing.

Like most lenses, particularly those not of the current generation, this lens is sharper in the center than at the edges when wide open. Close the aperture a stop or two, and it sharpens up across the frame.

If you send me a PM or E-mail with your e-mail address, I’d be gland to send you some unedited sample photos.

Mick

See my portfolio.

asphericalAmy asphericalAmy

Is from: US
2 posts

#5. "RE: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - SOLD" | In response to Reply # 4

asphericalAmy Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2019
Thu 04-Apr-19 03:31 PM
Hi Mick (and Schnauzer),

After prioritizing my gear needs, I find I can't justify this purchase at the moment (even at the good price). Alas, I will need to struggle through another season with my very old 100-300mm f4 tokina. I have heard many good things about this Sigma and I hope it goes to a home where it will be appreciated and cared for.

Kind regards,

- amy

Schnauzer3

Is from: Livingston, US
956 posts

#6. "RE: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - SOLD" | In response to Reply # 5

Schnauzer3 Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Mar 2016
Thu 04-Apr-19 03:43 PM
Thank You Amy - Mick

This will be a Fun lens to use on the Olympic Peninsula over the summer,
I'll can Pick it up around April 20th and Pay Cash Mick if That works for you?

mklass mklass

18216 posts

#7. "RE: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 - SOLD" | In response to Reply # 0

Thu 04-Apr-19 04:00 PM
Yes, I’ll mark it as sold and hold it for you.

We can get in touch later to work out the details of meeting.

Thanks.

Mick

See my portfolio.

G