New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Subbing Post Processing

RazorAndy

Is from: US
26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RazorAndy Registered since 21st Aug 2013
Tue 03-Sep-13 08:26 PM
This might be a verboten question, but I found myself wanting to contract out some post process work on some images that I wanted to really look their best.

I work mostly in a Linux environment, so I get by with UFRaw and Gimp for a lot of what I do in PP, but my candid assessment of my skills is that I'm really on the basic end of the learning curve.

Since I didn't have the time to sit on said pictures, I did some googling of contract photoshop sites. Most would do the basics of what I wanted in working over the colors/whitebalances, etc for a pretty wide range of fees. All the sites looked like they could deliver the goods, but I'm a pretty cynical guy and want to limit the number of times I light a $20 bill on fire!

Has anyone used a service like that? Good/bad? What sort of rates should be expected? Any concerns with those sites being off-shore?

Thanks for any/all advice!

Andy
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Subbing Post Processing