New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on Windows

pwarbeck pwarbeck

Is from: Tucson AZ, US
275 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pwarbeck Registered since 24th May 2009
Tue 01-Jan-13 06:49 PM | edited Tue 01-Jan-13 06:52 PM by pwarbeck
I just installed PhotoMechanic v5 (PM) on Windows 7. Until now, I have been using Nikon Transfer 2 (NT2) as my import program. I want to start importing with PM, but I can't figure out how to do it.

When I connect my D7000 to my PC, I get a D7000 dialog. It gives me the option to change the import program, and gives the following list:

• Windows
  • Windows Live Photo Gallery
  • Picasa3
  • * NT2

*NT2 is the default

The list does not include PM.

Following a suggestion seen elsewhere, I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\AutoPlay and set Pictures to "Open or Ingest using PhotoMechanic." This has no effect as far as I can tell. The next time I connect the D7000, I get the same list of import program choices, and clicking "Import File" starts NT2.

What do I need to do?
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on ...

G