New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

LNIB Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED. SAMPLES. Post 1 of many. - SOLD

Vlad_IT Vlad_IT

Is from: Brooklyn, US
1510 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Vlad_IT Registered since 21st Sep 2011
Tue 22-Sep-15 11:57 AM | edited Sat 13-Feb-16 03:47 PM by Vlad_IT
Hello, folks. Long time no visit this great side. I'm happy to share a good news. My wife (and my family in general)went successfully through the most difficult year of our lives - fighting a very aggressive tumor. Now I need to devote more time to our kids and make up to them for all those monthly trips to MD Anderson and Memorial Sloan Kettering. Also we have big financial burden to work on. I'm decided to give up ALL my photo equipment to partially offset cost of the treatment.

All prices are negotiable, I put down what I thought is fair price for the condition of the equipment.

Please help if you can either purchasing or speeding the word.

This post is for 17-55mm lens. I'm the second owner. The lens was cleaned and AF was adjusted by Nikon when I bought this lens. From day one I used a filter on the lens. It will be included in the sale for free. the lens is perfect and sharp. A little bit wear from the hood is being attached (barely visible) . I highlighted that part in blue on one of the Images below. A scratch on the hood is from the original owner. If not the scratch on the hood - condition would be 10. Scratch can be fixed, but I just attached hood with the scratch on the top part.

Below are several samples for 17-55 lens. The worse and the best case scenarios, IMHO. all metadata is intact. NO manipulation to the images - just crop to 1200 pix on the longer side. That gives you 1:1 ratio to judge the quality of this lens. THERE IS NO sharpening or any other adjustments are done.

Portrait #1 below is to represent more realistic performance at the events. Taken with D7000 at ISO 400, Crop is 1199x796 pix from original 4928x3264. FL is 38mm, F/8, 1/100. Please remember there is no sharpening or adjustments for this particular image - just conversion from NEF to JPEG without any sharpening during conversion.

Portrait #2 is the same as above but with slight sharpening applied before conversion (to my liking)

Portrait #3 below is to represent the worse possible performance by this lens with old-ish D7000 camera at high ISO 1250 and bed lighting - so focus might be off a bit as well. Crop is 1198x793 pix from original 4928x3264 FL is 34mm, lens is wide opened @ F/2.8. shutter is 1/200. remember - just conversion from NEF to JPEG without any sharpening.

Portrait #4 is the same as #3 with noise reduction and sharpening applied.

Image #5 is to show lens capability at wide open - F/2.8. Crop is 1200x795 pix from original 4928x3264 . Camera was handheld, F/2.8mm at 1/30s and 28mm. the image would be even sharper if I'd use proper shutter speed for a crop sensor at this focal length - 1/50s - 1/60s

Please ask question. The lens is GREAT - she WILL find her new owner soon Asking price is $749

Shipping and PP gift or 3% extra. I will gladly accept money orders, cashier's checks, BoA person to person payments. I will only ship to lower 48 states. As a peace of mind I WILL pay for full insurance.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: LNIB Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED... - SOLD

G