Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Hasselblad 503CX with loads of extras. - SOLD

Mon 18-Oct-10 05:52 AM | edited Thu 31-Oct-13 09:22 AM by ricdiggle
£600 ono
Price includes next day delivery in the UK.

That's about the price one of the backs cost new!!!!!!!!!
Current eBay prices for this lot would stand you at just over £1000. Current dealer prices about double that!

For sale, my well loved but little used Hasselblad 503cx complete with the following extras:

Hasselblad 503cx body.
Carl Zeiss / Hasselblad CF Planar 80mm f2.8 T* lens.
Hasselblad A12 film back with dark slide. For 120 film.
Hasselblad A24 film back with dark slide. For 120 or 220 film.
Hasselblad Waist Level Finder.
Hasselblad Prism Finder.
2x focussing screens. (I think these are both Hasselblad but wouldn't swear to it.
Hasselblad 21mm Extension tube - allows the 80 to be used as a macro lens.
Kirk P60H - arca swiss plate (original plate included as well)
Hasselblad Bayonet to normal 77mm screw in filter adapter.
Hasselblad 81a filter. (not shown)
Hasselblad lens cap. (not shown)

This has taken me a long time to get together but I'm having to sell a lot of kit at the moment to fund some dental treatment for my daughter so it has to go.

The body, lens, both backs and the WLF are in great condition. They are used but EXC all the same. The 'curtain' of the body has a scratch mark on it which is purely cosmetic, the lens has a loose focus ring which is very common and once in place, works exactly as it should.
The 21mm Extension tube and the Prism finder both look a bit tatty but operate perfectly. The finder is very clean inside and optically; it just has lots of scratches on the outside.
The 81a filter has been kept on the lens at all times and has many scratches and cleaning marks on it. These cannot be seen in the final photos of course.
The bayonet to 77mm filter adapter is a god send to let you use all your regular filters. It was sourced from eBay from china and was not made by Hasselblad.
The P60H plate is remarkable. The original is removed and the Kirk plate attached with 6 screws. It essentially becomes part of the camera rather than something you screwed onto the camera. I purchased it brand new from the Nikonians shop last year.

As for the performance...
It's a Hasselblad and such is mechanically stunning. The detail of how it all works together is simply amazing. Using the camera is everything you'd hope it would be. Satisfying sounds and incredibly certain mechanical movements make photography a real joy.

The 503CX will take a digital back should you want it to.
Velvia 50 at 6cm x 6cm is eye wateringly special and with the 80mm standard lens included, this package has everything you need to get started. You wont need a meter as you digital camera is the perfect polaroid back already. Simply use your digital camera to get the exposure settings and fire away.

I have no boxes or instructions but am happy to print out the instruction book should you require.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Ditto if you require more photos.

Richard

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

G