Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Capture NX2 - could not save file

briantilley briantilley

Is from: Paignton, UK
30433 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
briantilley Silver Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Thu 12-Nov-09 07:55 AM | edited Thu 12-Nov-09 07:56 AM by briantilley
I'm getting an odd error message from Capture NX 2.2.2.

I have a date-based file structure containing all my image files. When I open an image file from one particular folder from July 2007 in NX2, edit it, and attempt to Save As, I get an error message in a pop-up box:

Alert(2)
Could not save file

The same happens with any of the files in that folder (I tried about 10); they are all JPEG's from a D2Xs. I can't save them back in the same folder or in another folder. It makes no difference whether any editing is done or not, nor does it matter whether I'm trying to save the image with a new name or the original.

I tried copying one of the files to a new folder, and also opening a file with MSPaint and saving it in the new folder with a new name (which worked OK, incidentally). When I then open the copied/moved file in NX2 it still will not save it, so it looks to me that it's something to do with the files and NX2 rather than the folder itself.

Files from other folders in that same month are OK and can be saved by NX2 as normal, as can files from all other folders that I have tried.

I've also tried clearing NX2 cache, and re-starting the PC. The PC is running 32-bit Vista, by the way.

I'm stumped! Any ideas...?

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file