Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public)
[Hide image slider]
Next 20 images
In Your Backyard /arlon/ The Eyes Have It /jtmcg/ Eye of the Needle /robsb/ Splash /pasknucklehead/ Cold /hnease/ december_macro_GBaylis /GBaylis/ macro_november_hnease /hnease/ october_macro_natash... /natashadak/ september_macro_snae... /snaefell/ August_Macro_domer2760 /domer2760/ Metal /vizz/ Bugs /BSchirm/ Flowers /ericbowles/ Camera Gear /KenLPhotos/ Tools /jordivb/ Patterns and Symmetry /jtmcg/ B&W Closeup /mebrunsdon/ Best of 2012 /jtmcg/ Gadgets /lastdaylight/ Wide Angle Closeup /hujiie/
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
A general, generic topic Macro lens question...
I have a D800. I want to get a macro lens. What i s the difference between the AF-S
jamesgold07731 16-Jan-14 10:23 PM
by jamesgold07731
6617 ---
A general, generic topic More Gold
Single image HDR with Nik software D700, AF-S 105 VR http://www.n ikonians.org/dcfp/u
glxman Silver Member 16-Jan-14 10:19 AM
by glxman
3257 ---
A general, generic topic Newbie here, help appreciated
Hi folks, I would LOVE to get into macro photography but I honestly can't afford $500 o
Tazflyr Gold Member 15-Jan-14 12:13 PM
by Tazflyr
8343 ---
A general, generic topic Flowers and Rain
A cool misty rain and I had to go out with the macro lens and see what I could find. Yo
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 13-Jan-14 08:45 PM
by birdied
15640 ---
A general, generic topic Gold
This months challenge rules me out, This Thursday forecast, http://ww w.nikonians.org/dcf
glxman Silver Member 12-Jan-14 03:51 AM0169 ---
A general, generic topic Little Yellow Rose
D700 105 VR ....Gary ht tp://www.nikonians.o rg/dcfp/user_files/2 69025.jpg
glxman Silver Member 08-Jan-14 10:25 PM
by glxman
8266 ---
A general, generic topic The Dandelion Seeds
Found one lone dandelion with the glorious white fluffy seed head. All taken with the D
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 08-Jan-14 03:53 AM
by birdied
7308 ---
A general, generic topic Looking up
Here are a couple of shots taken looking at foliage above me with the subject close. Ta
Daymon55 07-Jan-14 02:30 PM
by AartPapaya
5272 ---
A general, generic topic A rose amongst the hydrangeas
An impromptu close-up at a restaurant. D300 ISO400 f2.8 1/200 50mm Sigma, available ligh
AartPapaya Silver Member 07-Jan-14 11:41 AM
by AartPapaya
18515 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations to November contest winner Howard Nease...
Congratulations to Howard Nease (hnease) for his winning image "UFO?". http://ww w.nikon
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 06-Jan-14 06:15 PM
by pasknucklehead
6282 ---
A general, generic topic Happy New year to all!
In my side of the planet we have experienced high temperatures, Broug ht a few of our rose
glxman Silver Member 06-Jan-14 09:16 AM
by glxman
8227 ---
A general, generic topic Gulf Fritillary
I have been trying for some time to get a half way decent shot of a butterfly in flight.
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 05-Jan-14 09:27 PM
by birdied
5237 ---
A topic tagged as a poll/survey December Finalists - Best of 2013
Please vote for this month's winner. Here are the finalists selected by Howard Nease.
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 05-Jan-14 02:05 PM
by ericbowles
1495 ---
A general, generic topic Peacock butterfly - Inachis io
During 2013 I shot more macro than I usually do. Not far from where I live there is a big
henbo Silver Member 05-Jan-14 01:54 PM
by henbo
8321 ---
A general, generic topic Extension tubes
I am going to a macro workshop (free) and they recommended bringing extension tubes in add
Steve6344 Silver Member 04-Jan-14 05:19 PM
by VR8
6339 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member November 2013 Finalists: Unusual Perspectives of Commo...
Here are the finalists selected by last month's winner John Kirkpatrick (natashadak). Voti
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 02-Jan-14 02:28 PM
by ericbowles
1456 ---
This is a hot topic – It has been locked by a team member December Contest - Best Macro & Close Up of 2013
The December contest is Best Macro & Close Up of 2013. This contest is wide open to share
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 02-Jan-14 02:11 PM
by VR8
942406 ---
A general, generic topic Happy Holidays Everyone!
Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful holiday filled with joy! Birdie Choices M
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 31-Dec-13 10:45 AM
by glxman
3231 ---
A general, generic topic Snake like leaf miner
Saw this today... love the colour... D2Xs + Tokina 100mm f2.8 AT-X Pro The black lin
Scotty Silver Member 22-Dec-13 04:19 PM
by natashadak
2382 ---
A general, generic topic Inspiration Challenge
With a bad case of inspiration block and no real travel plans this fall, I thought I'd tr
shotglass Gold Member 13-Dec-13 07:09 PM
by AartPapaya
7328 ---
A general, generic topic Mineral
Hi, Now that I purchased a 105mm micro, I needed to put it to the test. Did some readi
DPAUL 13-Dec-13 05:32 AM
by DPAUL
5412 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Distracting Background
I am living in a sub-tropical area and an multitude of insects came in at night. My proble
AartPapaya Silver Member 12-Dec-13 03:58 AM
by AartPapaya
12585 ---
A general, generic topic icy leaves
We are in the midst of an ice storm -- fortunately not severe. I saw these ice formations
hnease Silver Member 08-Dec-13 10:12 PM
by hnease
6405 ---
A general, generic topic Leaf Outline
Each fall I have noticed cool patterns left on sidewalks after some leaves been on the gro
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 08-Dec-13 04:14 PM
by dm1dave
12491 ---
A general, generic topic Playing with Light, Matches and Macro Rings
The recent snowflake shooting blog entry (discussed in the English Cafe sub-forum) re-spar
CaptainYooh Platinum Member 07-Dec-13 09:28 PM
by CaptainYooh
6400 ---
A general, generic topic focusing screen
Hi everyone,,,hope you are all ready for the holidays...Hey, has anyone seen a dramatic di
pasknucklehead Silver Member 06-Dec-13 12:13 AM
by pasknucklehead
10504 ---
This is a hot, active topic! A Summer of Butterflies
Have had some wonderful visitors to the garden this summer. All but last 2 shots take
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 04-Dec-13 12:42 AM
by birdied
28851 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations to John Kirkpatrick (natashadak)
Congratulations to John Kirkpatrick (natashadak) for his winning image Flat and Folded fr
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 02-Dec-13 08:50 PM
by hnease
8425 ---
A general, generic topic The forest floor
Hi all. I was out at my local nature preserve today hoping to get some photos of hawks
labtrout Silver Member 01-Dec-13 11:02 PM
by labtrout
4378 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member November Finalists: Leaves
Here are the finalists selected by last month's winner Christian Praetorius (snaefell). V
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 01-Dec-13 03:45 PM
by ericbowles
2809 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.