Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #921
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cocos Moons" Previous topic | Next topic
Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberTue 11-Jun-13 05:22 AM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cocos Moons"
Tue 11-Jun-13 06:00 AM by nrothschild

Cocos (Keeling) Islands, AU

Hiya Neil, greetings from the sandbar

These are quite old,,,, feel free to delete and I'll do my best for some newer shots.... (if the cloud ever clears!!)

Cheers - Karen

Taken on 11th Dec 2005 @ 18:38pm?? (I did say old....) using a Sigma 70-300mm

Taken on 6th Sept 2011 @ 18:04 .... using 70-200 with a teleconverter

Taken 03rd Jan 2007 @ 18:42pm?? using 18-70mm

Best Fishes ~ Karen <*((---{

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

Karens Cocos Reflections gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Cocos Moons
nrothschild Silver Member
11th Jun 2013
Marjani Moderator
11th Jun 2013
nrothschild Silver Member
11th Jun 2013
Marjani Moderator
13th Jun 2013
Reply message Cocos Moons - SMILE
Marjani Moderator
13th Jun 2013

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Tue 11-Jun-13 06:01 AM
10834 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cocos Moons"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Karen,

These are beautiful moons. I thought they deserved their own topic .

Thanks for sharing!

my Nikonians gallery.

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberTue 11-Jun-13 01:18 PM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Cocos Moons"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you so much, Neil

Our weather has not been conducive for any kind of photography, let alone the glorious stars. See what I can do before I head to the "big island" in a weeks time

Cheers

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Tue 11-Jun-13 05:51 PM
10834 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Cocos Moons"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I'm still sand bagging my home, myself

Sounds like it's been bad astro weather all over. Enjoy your vacation in civilization

my Nikonians gallery.

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberThu 13-Jun-13 12:30 PM
#4. "RE: Cocos Moons"
In response to Reply # 3

awww.. Sorry to hear that

Weather has cleared... shhhhhh. I may creep out at midnight and capture the stars tonight!

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberThu 13-Jun-13 12:34 PM
#5. "Cocos Moons - SMILE"
In response to Reply # 0

Adding the moon from last night:

12/06/13 @ 19:05:23PM D300 / Sigma 70-300

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #921 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.