Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #909
View in linear mode

Subject: "Aurora Alert" Previous topic | Next topic
nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Fri 07-Jun-13 05:31 PM
10910 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Aurora Alert"
Fri 07-Jun-13 05:31 PM by nrothschild

US

Spaceweather.com reports Northern Lights last night as far south as Kansas, with apparently more to come.

Those on the East Coast USA can ignore this and continue sand bagging their homes

my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Fri 07-Jun-13 06:56 PM
1666 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Aurora Alert"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Ha ha .... :-P
Actually so far here, itbhas been a nice steady rain. We needed it very much.

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 16th Oct 2003Mon 10-Jun-13 05:28 AM
870 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Aurora Alert"
In response to Reply # 0

Anchorage, US

The sun has been very active the last few weeks and if I were in Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, and the lower Canadian Provinces, I would be keeping a close watch.

We are deep into the long twilight summer here in SouthCentral Alaska but I keep hoping for a huge outbreak like the Carrington Event and it should be visible even in the twilight here.

Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Mon 10-Jun-13 05:54 PM
10910 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Aurora Alert"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Mike,

I guess the Summer Solstice is not the right time of year, for you, for these things .

Spaceweather had some images taken from as far south as Maryland. Very unusual. That far south, though, I often can't tell, for sure, from the images, if that was aurora or light pollution .

my Nikonians gallery.

2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 16th Oct 2003Tue 11-Jun-13 08:57 PM
870 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Aurora Alert"
In response to Reply # 3

Anchorage, US

It would be a nice change to shoot the Aurora in shirt sleeves and shorts.
Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #909 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.