Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #900
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tough little rascal" Previous topic | Next topic
lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Sat 01-Jun-13 04:26 AM
798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tough little rascal"

Dallas, US

Went out to look at the coolest thing in the Solar System last night. Saturn is so beautiful in the eyepiece, but at 18 seconds of arc it's still tough to image. I see a good bit of chromatic aberration, need to work on that.

D300, Explore Scientific 5 inch triplet refractor set up for eyepiece projection, 0.6 sec, ISO 800. Five images combined in PS.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Sun 02-Jun-13 11:44 AM
10907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Tough little rascal"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Good job, Mark!

This is definitely the time to observe and shoot Saturn, just after opposition and when it is high in the sky at a convenient time (~10:30pm DST or so depending on your location in your time zone).

my Nikonians gallery.

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Sun 02-Jun-13 05:29 PM
798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Tough little rascal"
In response to Reply # 1

Dallas, US

Thanks Neil. Yes, Saturn is just right for convenient viewing right now.

But, I'm going to have to let the guys with bigger apertures get better photos...

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #900 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.