Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Policy on Non-Nikon Camera Gear in the Astro Forum

10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Fri 05-Oct-12 09:25 PM

The team has discussed the issue of posting images made with non-Nikon gear in this Astrophotography forum.

We have decided to allow some of those images, in particular those made with "CCD webcams" and related gear, typically used for high resolution lunar and planetary imaging.

It is a fact that "web cams" are generally considered the optimum tool for that job, and that was the basis for the decision. We want to encourage discussion and education in all forms of astrophotography. I think it is important in order to allocate funds for the right tools for the right jobs.

Although there is no way to moderate or enforce this, I hope that the predominant images posted here actually come from Nikon cameras or optics. After all, we are all here primarily to learn and share info about our Nikon cameras.

Images taken with purpose built astro CCD cameras will also be allowed.

The subject of images taken with non-Nikon DSLR or SLR cameras was not discussed and will not be allowed at this time.

Thank you for your interest in the Astrophotography Forum!

my Nikonians gallery.