Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #1052
View in linear mode

Subject: "Scorpio & the Milky Way" Previous topic | Next topic
Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberFri 04-Oct-13 08:19 AM
3390 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Scorpio & the Milky Way"

Cocos (Keeling) Islands, AU

Hi All, Cocos has been blanketed by constant cloud for several months so it was very exciting to finally have a little clear sky. I believe the bright light is that of Venus??? Since taking this, we are back to cloud

d700 | 24-70 | ISO 1600 | F2.8 | 30s Processed in LR5

And this one was looking to the north.

D700 | 24-70 | ISO 4000 | F28. | 20s Processed in LR5

Best Fishes ~ Karen <*((---{

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

Karens Cocos Reflections gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Scorpio & the Milky Way
DaddySS Gold Member
04th Oct 2013
Marjani Moderator
12th Oct 2013
jbloom Gold Member
12th Oct 2013
Marjani Moderator
12th Oct 2013
nrothschild Silver Member
15th Oct 2013

DaddySS Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2006Fri 04-Oct-13 08:26 AM
822 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Scorpio & the Milky Way"
In response to Reply # 0

Woodcliff Lake, US

Very nice Karen! Glad you finally got some clear skies.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSat 12-Oct-13 11:50 AM
3390 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Scorpio & the Milky Way"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you so much Cheers

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sat 12-Oct-13 01:20 PM
6356 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Scorpio & the Milky Way"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

Very nice! I think the remaining clouds add some interest, especially in the first one. I like the color of that one, too. Do you recall what WB you used?

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSat 12-Oct-13 10:39 PM
#4. "RE: Scorpio & the Milky Way"
In response to Reply # 3

Thank you so much..

WB... From memory I played in LR5 and set it around 3000k

Cheers

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Tue 15-Oct-13 06:14 PM
10910 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Scorpio & the Milky Way"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Karen, I know I prepared a reply here back when you posted it, but I guess it was never posted...

These are really nice and yes, that is Venus, per my mapping software (I assume you realize that).

Good practice for you "Milky Way Rainbow" just posted

my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography topic #1052 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.