nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR LENSES CX Format Lenses topic #112
View in linear mode

Subject: "I wonder when (or if) we'll see a 10-50" Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Thu 19-Apr-12 12:24 PM
1589 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I wonder when (or if) we'll see a 10-50"

Frederick, US

Or even better - a 10-85? I realize that this may be defeating the purpose of having a small camera, but 10-85 is still relatively small if it only has to cover the 9x13mm sensor, and such a potentially lightweight thing would be wonderful for us old weaklings. On top of that, if they could add VR and a larger aperture, that would be perfect (and it would still be a relatively small package)! So far I have resorted to DX lenses with the FT1, but that adds some unnecessary mass and volume to the entire system, and the DX lenses don't go as wide as 10mm.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, D750, and a handful of lenses.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

wblink Registered since 09th Feb 2009Fri 20-Apr-12 04:18 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I wonder when (or if) we'll see a 10-50"
In response to Reply # 0

Gendt, NL

>Or even better - a 10-85? I realize that this may be
>defeating the purpose of having a small camera, but 10-85 is
>still relatively small if it only has to cover the 9x13mm
>sensor, and such a potentially lightweight thing would be
>wonderful for us old weaklings.

10-85, that would be 25-212 mm FX. Why would you want that?
Sure I would like a 20-300 (FX) mm lens, but that will be of low quality, since ther range is so great.

I would like to see a really wide angle like 14 mm (FX), that is about 6 mm CX.

AND I would like a boost in biggest diafragm, just for bokeh issues (sharp/unsharp fields) that is.

Willem

Sony Nex-7

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR LENSES CX Format Lenses topic #112 Previous topic | Next topic