nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #966
View in linear mode

Subject: "Slave flashes" Previous topic | Next topic
Vox Sciurorum Registered since 18th Oct 2007Mon 20-Feb-12 04:13 PM
240 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Slave flashes"

Newton, US

What's the smallest and/or cheapest flash that can work as a slave for the Nikon V1 flash?

I put an SB-800 into SU-4 mode (with manual exposure) and it did the job. Can I use a genuine SU-4 instead?

I'm using this for closeups (insects and the like). I don't need high power. I was around 1/64 power for the SB-800, with direct illumination. I figure 1/16 will work with diffusion in the way.

I prefer not to use the SB-800 because it's annoying to set up and bigger and heavier than I want.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Convergentus Registered since 31st Jan 2012Mon 20-Feb-12 09:28 PM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Slave flashes"
In response to Reply # 0

Johannesburg, ZA

I've been thinking of trying something like this for close-up work with my V1:

http://www.un-ltd.co.jp/products/camera/digital/unx7814/index.html

Several mounting options (would have to be on a tripod arm for the battery), and also means you can do video.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #966 Previous topic | Next topic