Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #933
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
ckatosmith Registered since 25th Aug 2007Sun 12-Feb-12 09:42 PM
143 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
Mon 13-Feb-12 04:39 AM by ckatosmith

Washington state, US

My EVF AND the LCD has a vertical green band ~ 1/3 of the display down the middle Turning off/ back on doesn't help, battery out back in no help. Does not affect photo... Anyone else seen this? So sad to have this defective problem pop up now. Tried without the Tamron TC (just the FT-1 and 18-200mm DX VR, no help. I don't have a V1 lens to see if the FT-1 is the problem)... But it seems to be a display problem...

Thoughts?

I also tried the Reset settings on the menu , the green band is still there.

OK, enclosed is a photo of the back...done during a bus ride... so blurry. The green band does not show in a photo, but DOES show up in any video.

Equipment and technique are important,
Vision is supreme,
Passion the reason...

CarolinaSmith.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem
wblink
13th Feb 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
13th Feb 2012
ckatosmith
14th Feb 2012
ckatosmith
23rd Feb 2012
lamura1303
25th Jul 2013
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
25th Jul 2013
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
25th Jul 2013
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
25th Jul 2013
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
26th Jul 2013
cockers Silver Member
06th Sep 2013
ckatosmith
06th Sep 2013

wblink Registered since 09th Feb 2009Mon 13-Feb-12 01:37 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Gendt, NL

Uhhhh?

Do you remeber the last thing (or things you were doing) before this showed up?

Did you contact Nikon?

Never seen this. looks like a sofware-error.

Willem

Sony Nex-7

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 13-Feb-12 02:53 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

This is an LCD screen and various pixels of the screen are turned on or off to create a display. I looks like a circuitry failure. I would contact Nikon Support.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

ckatosmith Registered since 25th Aug 2007Tue 14-Feb-12 05:10 AM
143 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Washington state, US

Thanks for your thoughts. I won't be able to contact Nikon Support until I get back from Yellowstone. The green band sort of flickers. I'll probably return it to B&H and get another V1. I really wanted to test it out, but it's hard to see the focus bracket turn green, since it's in the green band, and it's no fun to work with in it's current state.

Vision is supreme,
Passion the reason...

CarolinaSmith.com

ckatosmith Registered since 25th Aug 2007Thu 23-Feb-12 02:43 AM
#4. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 3

Washington state, US

I called Nikon Support/Service, and they had never heard of this problem. I have sent the camera back to BH Photo and will exchange it for another V1. Bummer that I couldn't work with it in Yellowstone, but glad I could see it's potential before it failed.

Thank you to all who responded.

Vision is supreme,
Passion the reason...

CarolinaSmith.com

lamura1303 Registered since 25th Jul 2013Thu 25-Jul-13 12:12 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 25-Jul-13 12:17 PM by lamura1303

IT

I am from Italy. I got same problem with my nikon 1 v1. The green band appear also in photos, in my case. Just sent to nikon lab.
Bye

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 25-Jul-13 01:12 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Knoxville, US

Now that sounds like a sensor failure where the other one sounds like the a display issue. Although I'd be curious what a firmware update would do to the original poster's V1. Not that I'd expect it to solve the problem but just curious.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberThu 25-Jul-13 02:18 PM
10843 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Either too much coffee or not enough for me but I keep thinking that this was a problem that was solved by cleaning the surface of the eye-detec sensor next to the viewfinder. I'm pretty sure it was. You'll need to do some homework and cut down a cotton swab to fit inside the sensor opening.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 25-Jul-13 11:46 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 7

Knoxville, US

Interesting... I wouldn't have thought of that. You think it would be because it can't figure out if it should use the rear LCD or the EVF?

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 26-Jul-13 03:45 AM
10843 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Possibly. A quick enough step before sending it out...

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Fri 06-Sep-13 01:09 AM
4357 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Plover, US

Ok this sucks!! I just received my new Nikon V1 10-30 kit directly from the Nikon store along with the FT-1, and SB-N5 flash and wouldn't you know it. . . turn camera on and fully 1/3 of monitor is displaying a lovely apple green band!!! Only in my case it is on the right hand side of the monitor. This is on a brand new, perfectly clean camera so I doubt it is the eye position sensor next to the EVF.

Nikon customer service required me to return entire order rather than just the camera and they'll issue full credit . . and then I'm supposed to re-order. Yeah Right.

Al

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ckatosmith Registered since 25th Aug 2007Fri 06-Sep-13 05:27 AM
#11. "RE: Nikon 1 V1 GREEN BAND display Problem"
In response to Reply # 10

Washington state, US

Wow. Green band still happening... That happened with mine in Feb 2012. I had no problem returning it to BH Photo and getting another new replacement that was fine.

Good luck.

Vision is supreme,
Passion the reason...

CarolinaSmith.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #933 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.