Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #778
View in linear mode

Subject: "200 f/4 macro" Previous topic | Next topic
dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006Wed 25-Jan-12 01:01 AM
1515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"200 f/4 macro"

Roland, US

Of course, it is MF, but the surprise to me was how much easier to focus with the electronic viewfinder. Once again, I love the viewfinder. But who really needs a 540 f/4 macro.

David

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Wed 25-Jan-12 01:33 AM
4751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 200 f/4 macro"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Well, that might be useful for some subejcts — like a closeup of a rattlesnake's tongue…

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!
<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"></div>

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Wed 25-Jan-12 01:39 AM
466 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 200 f/4 macro"
In response to Reply # 0

Houston Texas, US

I tried using my 105mm Micro f/2.8 VR on the V1 today.
I also put my 200mm Micro AIS f/4 lens on the V1 and tried that.
Both shots were of a dime at a distance of 5 inches away for the 105 and 20 inches away for the 200mm AIS lens.

The 105 VR used automatic focus and of course the old 200mm AIS lens was manual focus.

Both lens produced fine shots though.
The V1 is a really versatile camera.
Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006Wed 25-Jan-12 01:50 AM
466 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 200 f/4 macro"
In response to Reply # 2

Houston Texas, US

The shots I was talking about:
Using the 105mm Micro at a distance of 5 inches, just like it came out of the camera and using the SB-N5 flash at full power.......

The following shot was made with the 200mm Micro AIS lens at 20 inches distance. just like it came out of the camera with no flash.....

The V1 is a wonderful camera.
Perry

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #778 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.