nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #525
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 on it's way!" Previous topic | Next topic
rickpaul Silver Member  Tucson, US  Charter Member Tue 27-Dec-11 06:51 PM
1808 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 on it's way!"

I have a V1 with the 10-30 on it's way to me from B&H! Should be here tomorrow. Have plans for extensive shooting with it the rest of the week.

--------------------------
Rick Paul
The Photo Professors

Saguaro Shadows Photography
Tucson, Arizona

My Nikonians Gallery

My Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message Nikon V1 FFN Platinum Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Dec 2011
Reply message RE: WARNING! rickpaul Silver Member
27th Dec 2011
     Reply message "V1 on it's way!" KnightPhoto Gold Member
28th Dec 2011
          Reply message RE: "V1 on it's way!" rickpaul Silver Member
28th Dec 2011
               Reply message RE: "V1 on it's way!" LL49Wat
31st Dec 2011
                    Reply message RE: "V1 on it's way!" grafto1234
28th May 2012
                    Reply message RE: "V1 on it's way!" glennaa11 Silver Member
28th May 2012
                         Reply message RE: "V1 on it's way!" LL49Wat
29th May 2012
                              Reply message RE: "V1 on it's way!" wblink
29th May 2012

FFN Platinum Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   US  Charter Member Tue 27-Dec-11 08:26 PM
1147 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "Nikon V1"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 28-Dec-11 01:39 AM by FFN

Good choice.

Visit MudbrookPhoto.Com.

rickpaul Silver Member  Tucson, US  Charter Member Tue 27-Dec-11 08:39 PM
1808 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: WARNING!"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 27-Dec-11 09:43 PM by rickpaul

Nice shots!

I have seen extensive reviews on the V1, and I know people who have them already. I know exactly what I'm getting and what Im going to use it for. This is a family camera, not a camera to take National Geographic cover shot. Is it better than a D700 or my D3? No! No illusions there. Is it better than a P7100? Hands down, definitely.

The best camera is the camera you have with you.

Rick Paul
The Photo Professors

Tucson, Arizona

My Nikonians Gallery

My Nikonians Blog

KnightPhoto Gold Member  Alberta, CA  Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006 Wed 28-Dec-11 04:57 PM
4566 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. ""V1 on it's way!""
In response to Reply # 2

Good to hear Rick, keep us posted on your thoughts.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

rickpaul Silver Member  Tucson, US  Charter Member Wed 28-Dec-11 06:00 PM
#4. "RE: "V1 on it's way!""
In response to Reply # 3

V1 is in the house!

First impressions are, I love it!

Will be giving it a good work out the rest of the week and this weekend!

Rick Paul
The Photo Professors

Tucson, Arizona

My Nikonians Gallery

My Nikonians Blog

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

LL49Wat   Spartanburg, US  Registered since 21st May 2004 Sat 31-Dec-11 10:35 PM
1687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: "V1 on it's way!""
In response to Reply # 4

I look forward to hearing more about your thoughts on the camera and how you use it..

I bought a refurbished P7000 last year to have a small camera that I could keep with me for that unexpected shot. I've enjoyed the camera but did wish for something more like the V1 because of the lag caused by the lenses.

I find the price somewhat daunting, however. I'll be interested to see if there is a price adjustment later on.

Enjoy your camera.

LL49Wat

grafto1234   CA  Registered since 14th May 2012 Mon 28-May-12 06:44 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: "V1 on it's way!""
In response to Reply # 5

Please let me know your opinion on the V1. Am considering it as my second pocket sized camera . I shoot with the D300s

glennaa11 Silver Member  Arlington, US  Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004 Mon 28-May-12 09:45 PM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: "V1 on it's way!""
In response to Reply # 5
Mon 28-May-12 09:48 PM by glennaa11

There's already been a price adjustment. Seems to be a $150 discount/instant rebate on the regular kit (body plus 10-30mm). And the two lens kits have a further $100 instant rebate/discount at the moment. So for $900 you get the body plus two lenses, either the 10-30 and 10mm 2.8 or the 30-110. If you want all three lenses you still have to lay out an additional $250 though.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to fit the V1 (with lens attached) in your pocket unless you have big pockets.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

LL49Wat   Spartanburg, US  Registered since 21st May 2004 Tue 29-May-12 02:07 AM
1687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: "V1 on it's way!""
In response to Reply # 7

I have an update on my P7000 which makes the V1 more interesting....

The sensor on the P7000 seems to be going bad. At first I thought I was holding the camera wrong and causing a shadow, but it seems to be more than that. One corner is going dark.
So I'm looking for a pocket backup. However, even with the price break on the V1, it seems to be a bit stiff for me.

I look forward to learning more about it, however.

LL49Wat

wblink   Gendt, NL  Registered since 09th Feb 2009 Tue 29-May-12 01:25 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: "V1 on it's way!""
In response to Reply # 8

>I have an update on my P7000 which makes the V1 more
>interesting....
>
>The sensor on the P7000 seems to be going bad. At first I
>thought I was holding the camera wrong and causing a shadow,
>but it seems to be more than that. One corner is going dark.
>So I'm looking for a pocket backup.

Ahh, you're just holdig 1 fing in front of a lenscornet to give yourself an excuse ....

Sorry, just kidding.

Ik did use the P7000 and the P7100 before I bought the V1, they cannot be compared.

Willem

Sony Nex-7

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #525 Previous topic | Next topic