Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #415
View in linear mode

Subject: "AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter" Previous topic | Next topic
Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Tue 06-Dec-11 10:34 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter"

Netanya, IL

The blurb on the Nikon site (and copied by resellers) states:
"The AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter is a hot shoe adapter that lets you connect a wide range of accessories to the Nikon 1 V1 digital camera. Accessories that require a power supply can not be used."

Does anyone actually have an AS-N1000? and what exactly does the above mean?

Can one, for example, use an SB900 (600/700/800) with its own batteries with a Nikon 1 V1?

And, what would be included in the "wide range" of accessories?

Nathan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter
gkaiseril Gold Member
06th Dec 2011
Ginsbury Gold Member
08th Dec 2011
wblink
08th Dec 2011
Ginsbury Gold Member
08th Dec 2011
RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit.
11th Dec 2011

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 06-Dec-11 11:35 AM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

I do not have one, but it can use the GPN-100 or ME-1 microphone.

The SB900/800/600/400 can not be used with the Nikon 1 series due to a different configuration of electrical contacts.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Thu 08-Dec-11 12:22 PM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter"
In response to Reply # 1

Netanya, IL

Thanks, George, for your input.

Two days and no-one else has responded so I assume that the items you mention are those defined by Nikon as "wide range".

At this point, then, the AS-N1000 does not need to be in my shopping basket or even on my wish list.

The FT1, however, is eagerly awaited!

Nathan

wblink Registered since 09th Feb 2009Thu 08-Dec-11 03:08 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter"
In response to Reply # 2

Gendt, NL

As far as I know the AS-N1000 is no more than a convertor to the traditional flash-mount, without any electronics in it.

Willem

Sony Nex-7

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Thu 08-Dec-11 07:23 PM
#4. "RE: AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter"
In response to Reply # 3

Netanya, IL

Thanks, Willem. It would seem that you are absolutely right. Just a physical convertor.

Next question: Why the blankety-blank could Nikon not just say so in plain English?

Nathan

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 11-Dec-11 05:16 PM
3176 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter"
In response to Reply # 4

Monterey Bay, US

I just ordered one from Adorama $26.55 including tax and shipping.
Of course, they are temporarily out of stock.

There will be some AfterMarket ones available soon for less.
Perhaps, someone will figure out how to make one compatible with equipment such as the SB400 flash.

I read somewhere in these forums about the V1 shoe cover coming off easily.
Sure enough, when I looked, mine was gone.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #415 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.