Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #411
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon FT1 Adapter for Nikon 1 Series" Previous topic | Next topic
comicalalien Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Sep 2009Mon 05-Dec-11 06:02 PM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon FT1 Adapter for Nikon 1 Series"

AU

Q1. I am wondering wether the Nikon FT1 adapter supports the VR function in AF-S lenses when used on the Nikon 1 series (J1 & V1) cameras?

It is due to be released onto the market anytime now.

Q2. I have a spare 55-200mm AF-S DX VR f4-5.6G lens. Would this become a 149-540mm equivalent on a Nikon 1 series camera?

Cheers,
comicalalien

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TomCurious Registered since 03rd Jan 2007Tue 06-Dec-11 02:46 AM
2318 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon FT1 Adapter for Nikon 1 Series"
In response to Reply # 0

Bay Area, US

1. I don't know but I would be very surprised if it would not support VR. Any DSLR or TC that Nikon has brought out in recent years support VR, so does the V1/J1 with it's lenses. It would be odd if VR wouldn't work with the adapter. But maybe somebody has the details.

2. Technically the focal length of a lens does not change, but indeed the field of view of this lens on the V1/J1 will be equivalent to a 149-540mm lens on an FX or 35mm film camera. I'm really looking forward to this, in particular having a very compact 135mm f/1.8 equivalent portrait lens (with my 50/1.8G) and an 810mm f/4 equivalent wildlife lens (with my 300/4). But it remains to be seen how well these lenses will actually perform with such high pixel density as the V1/J1 have.

Tom
Bay Area Nikonian

http://www.tkphoto.me/

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberTue 06-Dec-11 01:22 PM
3139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon FT1 Adapter for Nikon 1 Series"
In response to Reply # 1

Monterey Bay, US

From what I've seen, the FT-1 adapter is bigger and heavier than most of the N1 lens.
The next best thing after F-mount lens compatibility is the TriPod mount.
This could work out real well for balancing short heavy zooms like the 17-35 and 14-24.

It was rumored to be ready for purchase sometime in November and then December 1st, but it not available on the Nikon site.

Also rumored is that it is produced in that underwater Thailand Plant, thus the delay.

Also rumored is that your DX lens will not work properly, but I do not see why not.
They are smaller, lighter, and cheaper than the FX lens.
I am looking forward to trying my 35mm f/1.8 but really need a 20mm prime for taking movies in low light.

While at it I should also mention that there are 7 CX lens rumored to be released relatively soon:
14mm f/2.8
18mm f/1.4
32mm f/1.2
40mm f/2.8 Micro
60mm f/3.5 Micro
7-13mm f/3.5-5.6
9-43mm f/2.8-5.6

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #411 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.