Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #378
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon 1 V1 vs. Panasonic DMC-G3" Previous topic | Next topic
Fried Registered since 15th Jul 2003Thu 01-Dec-11 04:16 PM
553 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon 1 V1 vs. Panasonic DMC-G3"
Thu 01-Dec-11 04:32 PM by Fried

Dallas, US

Trying to choose between the Nikon 1 V1 vs. Panasonic DMC-G3 (and systems) and except for handling I've pretty much concluded it is a toss up, as it seems these guys have concluded as well.
https://www.thecamerastore.com/blog/2011/11/12/nikon-v1-vs-panasonic-g3-shootout

I'm wanting a small "always carry" easy to use kit I can use around venues and awards ceremonies, etc. primarily for online (social media) "people candids" and grab shots when I don't want to carry around my full rigs.

It seems the G3 might be better suited to a DSLR guy like me but the V1 is pretty cool. Total body volume favors the V1 but grip is not as good as the G3. I was impressed with the V1 IQ on the video linked above and the V1 video capability.

For those of you who have used it in spontaneous social and P&S settings, how easy is it to grab and go with the V1? How much fiddling around is necessary to get a quick candid shot?

THANKS!

Fried Elliott * Dallas TX USA * www.friedbits.com
"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #378 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.