Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

V1+FT1+85mm f/1.8 for indoor sports

Ann Arbor, US
290 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tegel Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Jan 2005
Sun 23-Feb-14 04:21 PM

I took this setup to the Michigan-Penn State hockey game last night and got some decent results. All shots were using AF-C, S-priority, 1/1000s, ISO400 with f-stop ranging from 1.8 to 4. I didn't take as many shots as planned since I was caught up in watching the game. (Hockey can be difficult to shoot if you are also a fan and don't want to miss anything )

I think this can be a good combo for indoor action using burst mode. Next time I will try with ISO at 100-200 and lower the shutter speed a bit. I think the lighting at the arena is good enough to support that. I could also try A mode at f/1.8 and just take what it gives me.

All shots are uncropped and converted to .jpg using LR5 with no PP (yes, we have good seats!)

Oh, I almost forgot: UM 5, PSU 2

Comments welcome/appreciated.

Ann Arbor, MI

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)