nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #3145
View in linear mode

Subject: "Boston Globe Review of the Nikon J1" Previous topic | Next topic
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberSun 28-Jul-13 05:22 PM
10885 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Boston Globe Review of the Nikon J1"

US

Someone needs to talk to the newspaper about a more timely news cycle, but at least here is the first big newspaper review I've seen on the Nikon 1 system, and it acknowledges all of the must-have features of the camera.

Boston Globe Review of the J1 - No More Smartphone Vacation Pictures

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Sun 28-Jul-13 09:29 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Boston Globe Review of the Nikon J1"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I still see them sold in target at full original retail price!

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 30-Jul-13 02:27 PM
7129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Boston Globe Review of the Nikon J1"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

I wouldn't really call that a review of the J1. It's an article about using a "real" camera instead of a smartphone. It doesn't compare the J1 to anything else in the MILC realm, nor even delve into the details of the camera. It's true that the Nikon 1 cameras are the leaders in action autofocus among MILCs and thus better suited to the first example shot mentioned, but that comparison isn't drawn in the article.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #3145 Previous topic | Next topic