Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #3138
View in linear mode

Subject: "Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 26-Jul-13 04:43 PM
8524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
Fri 26-Jul-13 04:44 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

I still prefer the V1 to the V2 due to battery compatibility and other features. I'm surprised to see there are still refurbished V1 kits available.

Here's one at the Nikon Store for $299.
http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/pd/productID.258576700

While the camera certainly has limitations, it makes a good point and shoot with a lot of options. The battery is worth $55, the 10-30 lens sells for $189 new, and the charger and cables account for another $50 or so, which means the camera is essentially free with the purchase of the rest of the kit. Add the FT-1 adapter and you have a lot of options with your Nikon DSLR.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299
cmolieri
26th Jul 2013
cmolieri
26th Jul 2013
rahom
27th Jul 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
27th Jul 2013
nwcs Silver Member
27th Jul 2013
jbloom Gold Member
30th Jul 2013
Covey22 Moderator
30th Jul 2013
jbloom Gold Member
07th Aug 2013
PerroneFord Silver Member
01st Aug 2013
kenuck Silver Member
16th Aug 2013
Covey22 Moderator
16th Aug 2013
cmolieri
16th Aug 2013
Reply message RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $249
ericbowles Moderator
17th Sep 2013
TwoMetreBill
09th Dec 2013
mjhach Silver Member
10th Dec 2013
benveniste Moderator
09th Dec 2013

cmolieri Basic MemberFri 26-Jul-13 09:10 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 0

Sun Lakes, AZ, US

Best Buy has refurbished V1s for $199.99 today and tomorrow. I am tempted...

cmolieri

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

cmolieri Basic MemberFri 26-Jul-13 09:52 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 1

Sun Lakes, AZ, US

Oops...I was wrong. It is the J1, not the V1 that Best Buy has for $199.99.

cmolieri

rahom Registered since 17th May 2013Sat 27-Jul-13 02:11 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 0

Sacramento, US

Here's another source for refurbished V1s. Cameta Camera has them for $289:
http://www.cameta.com/Nikon-1-V1-Digital-Camera-Body-with-10-30mm-VR-Lens-Black-Factory-Refurbished-69688.cfm

I bought one of these kits, V1, 10-30mm w/16 GB SD, tripod, case, card reader and LCD protector a couple of months ago. Great deal and my V1 & 10-30mm looked and worked like new.

Best,

Rick

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Sat 27-Jul-13 04:29 PM
3326 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 3
Sat 27-Jul-13 04:31 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

I see very little comment here and elsewhere regarding the V2, yet Nikon Rumors are guessing that there maybe a new Nikon 1 addition. The words "guessing" and "maybe" of course are important! Even if it happens to be a V3 and the V2 price collapses I won't be tempted. I think that Nikon may have got themselves into a muddle of their marketing strategy perhaps. It's approaching 10 months since the V2 launch and in the UK it's hardly budged on price and even now retails for £600 (about US$900.

I think the whole V issue has been a bit of a strange tale, however I'm pleased to have such a flexible V1 + FT-1 package at low prices

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Sat 27-Jul-13 04:44 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 4

Knoxville, US

I think the reason is that the V1 was popular because of a firesale. The V2 really hasn't sold much. I had the fortunate opportunity to email Thom Hogan yesterday to talk about the mirrorless market. He sees the market as totally stagnant both for DSLRs and mirrorless. But that the business philosophy of these companies is to keep iterating and get what they can.

I personally expect that if a V3 is announced soon that there will be another firesale of the V2. Personally, both for the health of the platform and for Nikon's revenue, I think Nikon should produce lenses for m4/3 format.

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 30-Jul-13 01:16 PM
6162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

My V1 got lost recently, along with its 10-30 lens. I was trying to decide whether to: 1) Buy a different Nikon 1 model, 2) wait for a new Nikon 1 model, 3) sell my 30-110 lens and switch to a different MILC system, or 4) just stick with my DSLRs for now.

The $300 refurb ended up being my choice. I couldn't get any other kind of MILC body I'd want for that price. And I liked my V1, despite its flaws. Being able to pair it with the FT-1 just puts the Nikon 1 system above the other MILC systems for me.

Now I just have to decide whether to replace the Kata D-Light Grip-10 DL bag that got lost with the camera or find something different.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 30-Jul-13 02:01 PM
10578 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Picked up one of Cameta's V1 body-only to supplement my J1, and somewhere along the way an 18.5mm jumped in and followed it home. The Lowepro AW110 wasn't cutting it anymore, it was perfect for either body and the 10-30, but with the 30-110 and the prime - it was too small. So I picked up a Lowepro Format 120 - fits the V1, 30-110 and the 18.5 plus room for the spare battery and if needed, I could shoehorn the short zoom in it as well.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Wed 07-Aug-13 05:08 PM
6162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 7

Wethersfield, US

I ended up ordering a TT Mirrorless Mover 10. I'll see how that works out. I only have the 10-30 and 30-110 to put into it. I was going to get the 18.5/1.8 and maybe the 10/2.8 as well, but the budget for those got swallowed up by having to replace the camera.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011Thu 01-Aug-13 04:02 PM
2510 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, US

I've never even seen a V2. Not that I am looking for one. I bought my V1 despite some horrific limitations primary for the ability to shoot 10fps silently. For golf and other things, this is terrific.

However, I've only used the camera on one assignment in over a year. It's just too darn hard for me to hold. And without a normal hotshoe or other common features, I can't use it as a remote.

I upgraded the firmware on it so I can have AF-C with my FT-1 and I may give it another shot this year, but it may get relegated to the closet if that doesn't work out.

-P

>I still prefer the V1 to the V2 due to battery compatibility
>and other features. I'm surprised to see there are still
>refurbished V1 kits available.
>
>Here's one at the Nikon Store for $299.
>http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/pd/productID.258576700
>
>While the camera certainly has limitations, it makes a good
>point and shoot with a lot of options. The battery is worth
>$55, the 10-30 lens sells for $189 new, and the charger and
>cables account for another $50 or so, which means the camera
>is essentially free with the purchase of the rest of the kit.
>Add the FT-1 adapter and you have a lot of options with your
>Nikon DSLR.
>
>Eric Bowles
>Nikonians Team
>My Gallery
>Fall Workshops - Golf
>Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the[br />>Smokies]
>
>Nikonians membership — my most important photographic
>investment, after the camera

------
Webpage:
http://www.ptfphoto.com

kenuck Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2008Fri 16-Aug-13 03:39 AM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 0

Burnaby, CA

You may have missed your chance...I see Amazon now listing the V1 with 10-30 kit lens for $699.99 !!

Maybe they think Nikon's "rethinking the 1 series" means it's going to scrap it, so the V1 will become a collectable

Ken

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 16-Aug-13 01:29 PM
10578 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 10

US

Plenty of stock at Cameta still available!

Body only - J1 (White) and V1 (Black)

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

cmolieri Basic MemberFri 16-Aug-13 03:25 PM
#12. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $299"
In response to Reply # 11

Sun Lakes, AZ, US

Best Buy still has the refurbished J1 kit for $199, the same price as the body only at Cameta, for 2 more days.

cmolieri

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 17-Sep-13 11:21 AM
8524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $249"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Cameta has refurbished Nikon 1 cameras available. There is a V1 for $249 in stock.

http://www.cameta.com/Nikon-1-V1-Digital-Camera-Body-Black-Factory-Refurbished-75505.cfm

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

TwoMetreBill Registered since 22nd Apr 2006Mon 09-Dec-13 07:26 PM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $249"
In response to Reply # 13

Erie, US

Henry's is selling the V2 new with 10-30 for $500 Canadian.

Bill

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Tue 10-Dec-13 08:01 PM
492 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $249"
In response to Reply # 14

Simcoe, CA

I recently purchased the V1 with 10-30mm for $350CAD. It was a tossup between that and the V2 and what clinched it was the battery is the same as the D7000 (my other baby) and its' slightly less bulky than the V2 what with the built in flash. I was getting it mostly for "in the car emergency camera!?" that would fit easily in the glove box.

As you can see the IQ is pretty darn good.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Mon 09-Dec-13 10:15 PM
9459 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#15. "RE: Refurbished V1 cameras still available for $249"
In response to Reply # 13

Boston Area, US

Now shown as "out of stock."

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #3138 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.