Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2948
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question re: FT-1" Previous topic | Next topic
jerry r Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2008Wed 24-Apr-13 01:07 AM
700 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Question re: FT-1"

Banning, US

Does the Ft-1 have a tripod mount screw hole? Do I need the TA N-100 tripod spacer to use the FT-1 on a tripod? Okay that's really two questions.

Lens that I currently have that I might use are the Nikon 28-300, Nikon 70-200 f/4 (of course I have a tripod collar for it) and the Tamron 90 mm Macro.

Thanks,

Jerry

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Wed 24-Apr-13 01:14 AM
1451 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Question re: FT-1"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 24-Apr-13 01:31 AM by SRFast

New York City, US

The FT-1 has a built-in tripod foot. The adapter and tripod foot is a one piece unit and the foot cannot be detached.

Hope this helps...JL

jerry r Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2008Wed 24-Apr-13 01:31 AM
700 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Question re: FT-1"
In response to Reply # 1

Banning, US

Thanks, SRFast, you have given me the answer that I needed. I would not want to put the stress on the V lens mount with a heavy lens.

Thanks, again

Jerry

Snappo Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2004Sun 28-Apr-13 01:26 PM
287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Question re: FT-1"
In response to Reply # 1

Tulsa, US

I ordered an L bracket for the wife's FT-1 and it works great with light lenses that have no tripod foot.

an old duffer with the time to have fun,
Jim

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2948 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.