nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2721
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links" First topic | Next topic
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 06-Feb-13 01:47 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
Tue 11-Jun-13 05:04 PM by nwcs

Knoxville, US

As firmware is updated periodically this post will be updated with links and information to the current versions.

Nikon USA Links

Nikon 1 J1A:1.30 / B:1.30Link
Nikon 1 J2A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
Nikon 1 J3A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
Nikon 1 V1A:1.30 / B:1.30Link
Nikon 1 V2A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
Nikon 1 S1A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.61.10Link
1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 PD-Zoom1.01Link
1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.61.10Link
FT1 Adapter1.10Link
GP-N1001.01Link

Nikon Europe Links

Nikon 1 J1A:1.30 / B:1.30Link
Nikon 1 J2A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
Nikon 1 J3A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
Nikon 1 V1A:1.30 / B:1.30Link
Nikon 1 V2A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
Nikon 1 S1A:1.10 / B:1.10Link
1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.61.10Link
1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 PD-Zoom1.01Link
1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.61.10Link
FT1 Adapter1.10Link
GP-N1001.02Link

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links
Matto Silver Member
12th Jun 2013
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
12th Jun 2013
Matto Silver Member
13th Jun 2013
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
13th Jun 2013
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
17th Jun 2013
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
17th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links **Upda...
txstone12 Gold Member
25th Jul 2014
PeterBeckett Gold Member
30th Aug 2014
techsavvyguru Silver Member
13th Sep 2014
txstone12 Gold Member
21st Sep 2014
techsavvyguru Silver Member
04th Oct 2014
txstone12 Gold Member
05th Oct 2014
jimsanders Silver Member
24th Aug 2014

Matto Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2007Wed 12-Jun-13 03:31 PM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
In response to Reply # 0

Glenwood, US

I updated my V1 today, but the camera shows 1.00 for the FT1, the camera itself shows 1.30. I had the FT1 on when I activated the update. What went wrong?

Matthew

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberWed 12-Jun-13 04:09 PM
10873 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Was the camera itself at V1.30 before you updated the FT-1?

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Matto Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2007Thu 13-Jun-13 01:49 PM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
In response to Reply # 2

Glenwood, US

Yes it was. I realized that the FT-1 was a separate update and not included with the V1.30. I now have successfully downloaded the FT-1. It doesn't seem to provide continuous focus with my 70-300 VR though.

Matthew

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 13-Jun-13 09:06 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
In response to Reply # 3

Knoxville, US

Interesting. I noticed the same with my 70-200 but haven't had a chance to really experiment.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberMon 17-Jun-13 04:43 PM
10873 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I believe the center AF point limitation still applies in all cases (AF-S and AF-C), so be sure of your point selection first. You might also need to disable any competing AF settings such as Face Detection and treat this just like any base DSLR.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Mon 17-Jun-13 07:52 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
In response to Reply # 5

Knoxville, US

That's how I always have it set up. Just can't get the AF-C to work like I expect. But it's a small nit for me.

txstone12 Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012Fri 25-Jul-14 05:59 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links **Updated Jul 2014**"
In response to Reply # 0

Texas, US

FT-1 Mount Adapter Firmware

I found in checking my FT 1 L firmware version that it was not up-to-date. My FT 1 shipped in early June.

Mount Adapter FT1 L firmware 1.20 has been available since April 2014

Nikon USA Link

• Support for autofocusing when mounted on the Nikon 1 V3 has been added.

Nikon Europe Link

• Support for autofocusing when mounted on the Nikon 1 J4, released on April 10, and the Nikon 1 V3, scheduled for release on April 17, has been added.

(Note that FT 1 L firmware 1.10 added

• Support for AF-C (Continuous AF) focus mode when the Mount Adapter FT1 is used with AF-S lenses has been added.)

This is an important update - from a preliminary look at using F-mount lenses on the V3, it is a considerable plus. The update also raises more questions about how AF really works through the FT-1. I would like to see more information on how AF and VR work with the Nikon 1 and with the FT-1. I hope we can start updating material available here in the Nikon 1 forum.

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my SmugMug Gallery.

PeterBeckett Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010Sat 30-Aug-14 10:26 PM
819 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links **Updated Jul 2014**"
In response to Reply # 7

Lincoln, US

Hi David,
Have you, or any other Nikonian reading this, been able to get AF-C to work when using any N1 body + FT-1 and any AF-S lens on the FT-1? I haven't been able to! AF-S yes. AF-C no.

My FT-1 has the latest firmware (1.20) and most of my testing has been done with a brand new 1V3 that has its original firmware as there is no updated code on nikonusa.com.

I am wondering if the lack of AF-C when using AF-S lenses is a MARKETING imposed limitation, as I see no technical reason for it not to be made available.

Pete

techsavvyguru Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Apr 2009Sat 13-Sep-14 04:17 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links **Updated Jul 2014**"
In response to Reply # 9

Melville, US

>Hi David,
>Have you, or any other Nikonian reading this, been able to get
>AF-C to work when using any N1 body + FT-1 and any AF-S lens
>on the FT-1? I haven't been able to! AF-S yes. AF-C no.
>
>My FT-1 has the latest firmware (1.20) and most of my testing
>has been done with a brand new 1V3 that has its original
>firmware as there is no updated code on nikonusa.com.
>
>I am wondering if the lack of AF-C when using AF-S lenses is a
>MARKETING imposed limitation, as I see no technical reason for
>it not to be made available.
>
>Pete

The FT-1 firmware update to 1.2 is supposed to enable AF-C autofocus on the center focus point. I too, can not get the camera to focus lock (beep and the green box) when using AF-C mode on my V3. V3 camera doesn't have a firmware update yet - but I am using the latest on the FT-1 at 1.2. I have tried multiple AF-S lenses (35,50,85 1.8g's)

Perhaps we need to wait for a V3 update like with the earlier V1 and V2.

If anybody does have it working, please let me know.

Thanks

Tony V.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

txstone12 Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012Sun 21-Sep-14 08:30 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links **Updated Jul 2014**"
In response to Reply # 10

Texas, US

>>Hi David,
>>Have you, or any other Nikonian reading this, been able to
>get
>>AF-C to work when using any N1 body + FT-1 and any AF-S
>lens
>>on the FT-1? I haven't been able to! AF-S yes. AF-C
>no.
>>
>>My FT-1 has the latest firmware (1.20) and most of my
>testing
>>has been done with a brand new 1V3 that has its original
>>firmware as there is no updated code on nikonusa.com.
>>
>>
>>Pete
>
>The FT-1 firmware update to 1.2 is supposed to enable AF-C
>autofocus on the center focus point. I too, can not get the
>camera to focus lock (beep and the green box) when using AF-C
>mode on my V3. V3 camera doesn't have a firmware update yet -
>but I am using the latest on the FT-1 at 1.2. I have tried
>multiple AF-S lenses (35,50,85 1.8g's)
>

>If anybody does have it working, please let me know.
>
>Thanks
>
>Tony V.

Pete, Tony;

I haven't looked at this thread in ages because I don't expect it to change frequently.

AF-C seems to work on my V3 with the FT-1.

I checked the settings on my V3 with 10-30 PD to get beep and green box working before trying with the FT-1. Focus lock as you define it Tony - beep and green box - only works on my V3 when using AF-S. AF-C green box only, even with the native CX lens.

With FT-1, it works the same way. AF-C - green box only. AF-S - beep and green box. (Silent Photography OFF; Sound Settings AF-Checked).

That's what I found just trying it with the camera. I didn't go back and consult the Reference Manual.

David

techsavvyguru Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Apr 2009Sat 04-Oct-14 04:27 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links **Updated Jul 2014**"
In response to Reply # 11

Melville, US

>
>I checked the settings on my V3 with 10-30 PD to get beep and
>green box working before trying with the FT-1. Focus lock as
>you define it Tony - beep and green box - only works on my V3
>when using AF-S. AF-C green box only, even with the native CX
>lens.
>
>With FT-1, it works the same way. AF-C - green box only. AF-S
>- beep and green box. (Silent Photography OFF; Sound Settings
>AF-Checked).
>
>That's what I found just trying it with the camera. I didn't
>go back and consult the Reference Manual.

Thanks David. Just a follow up question, does the green box disappear if you hold the shutter release half pressed while in AF-C with and w/o the FT1?

I guess I really need to see if the focus points appear when I view the images in View or Capture. Thanks for the reply. Tony

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

txstone12 Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012Sun 05-Oct-14 10:46 PM
#13. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links **Updated Jul 2014**"
In response to Reply # 12

Texas, US

Hi Tony,

I was just using my V3 with FT-1 the last two days. The green focus box is momentary as focus is achieved as I recall - it does not hold as you press the shutter release. I just reviewed this set of photos with ViewNX 2 and the focus points (the center point with FT-1) do appear. They are rather large as others have mentioned.

David

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Sun 24-Aug-14 10:02 PM
952 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon 1 Firmware - Latest Versions and Links"
In response to Reply # 0

Buffalo, US

Hi Neil - I see the V1 firmware has been updated to 1.40 (both A & B). The new USA link is here.

Also, the FT-1 firmware is now at Version 1.20. The USA link can be found here.

Thanks for providing this chart.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2721First topic | Next topic