Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2703
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 set-up with optical sensor, bracket and SB-600 flash..." Previous topic | Next topic
walk43 Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2012Fri 01-Feb-13 04:18 PM
711 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 set-up with optical sensor, bracket and SB-600 flash (w/pic)"
Fri 01-Feb-13 04:30 PM by walk43

Pennsylvania, US

I finally have my V1 kit pretty complete. I ordered an optical slave for $6 and used my 'CB Mini-RC' mounted to the bottom of my V1 with the optical sensor and SB-600 attached (pic below). It works fine, although has to be operated in manual mode. The rest of my kit (after testing) includes my CX 10-30mm, FT-1, Nikon 55-300VR and Nikon 300mm (810mm) with the TC-17EII when I need it (1377mm). All lenses have been tested on the V1 and the 55-300VR provides the best IQ on the V1 with minimal focus breathing, and also for some reason the 300 f/4 with the TC-17EII is almost identical IQ to the 300 f/4 naked...so I will use it for the really long shots! Oddly...(to me), my 70-200VR with the TC-17EII is not acceptable on the V1.

This set-up allows me to still hold the V1 (except if I use the 300 f/4 with the TC-17EII) with my right hand on the after market grip and cradle the lens in my left hand taking the weight off on the V1 lens mount ..(or use my monopod).

In the photo (set-up for the 55-300VR shots with the SB-600):

-Nikon V1
-Fotodiox Grip
-Nikon FT-1 Adapter
-Nikon 55-300VR
-Nikon SB-N5 Flash
-Optical Sensor
-Nikon SB-600
-Custom Brackets "CB-Mini-RC" (mounted to the FT-1 tripod base)
-Braided Leather Wrist Strap

Dan
(Nikon D800, V2 & Sony HX400V SuperZoom)
"My most rewarding photos are those that capture something I didn't 'see' in the viewfinder....so just SHOOT."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2703 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.