Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Awaiting Delivery of my 1 J1

5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
STEVEINNY Registered since 19th Jan 2013
Sat 19-Jan-13 06:02 PM

I along with many others, I'm sure, took advantage of the great pricing on a Nikon 1 J1 with the 10-30 & 30-110mm len kit. Currently I'm awaiting delivery. I've read and watched many reviews of the 1 series online and it seems that anyone who actually has used the camera likes it for the most part. No camera is perfect. Generally, most people who dislike it are basing it on reading about it. It is a very polarizing camera. Ken Rockwell blasts it and others say it is a fashion accessory. My research leads me to believe this is a nimble and very capable camera. Autofocus seems very fast, shutterlag negligible enough to photograph kids at play or sporting events. Colors seem vivid and videos look great. Even the complaints about the lack of external controls are tempered by comments such as "the menus aren't all that hard to navigate". In all, I hope I chose well based on the contributions and opinions of others. This is a bold move from Nikon to enter the ILC category with its own CX sensor and fresh styling of the 1 series. Any thoughts are welcome.