nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Going over to the EVIL side

DeanAZ

Phoenix, US
3739 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DeanAZ Gold Member Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007
Fri 18-Jan-13 03:27 PM

I couldn't resist the low price on the V1 and I ordered one this morning. I just went back to Amazon and I guess I got one of the last one's at the low price and now the lowest price is over $100 higher than my order and from a different vendor on Amazon. My wife and daughter are going to Tanzania this summer to do some teacher training for the schools in some villages our church supports and I did not want them to take the D7000 and the little P&S cameras we have don't work good enough for the wonderful opportunities they will have. At this price the V1 seems a great value.

I may get the FT1 adapter to use with my 70-300 VR for the wildlife shots. Would my daughter need a monopod to take effective shots as I am trying to keep their load light because they will be taking supplies for the schools in the suitcases?

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Time-Lapse: Vimeo-Dean Andersen

G