Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2573
View in linear mode

Subject: "FYI...V1 Mode Dial and Accessory Cover Fixes" Previous topic | Next topic
walk43 Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2012Wed 09-Jan-13 11:26 AM
703 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FYI...V1 Mode Dial and Accessory Cover Fixes"
Wed 09-Jan-13 11:28 AM by walk43

Pennsylvania, US

I have recently read a comment in another forum to fix the V1 issues with the mode dial getting bumped or rubbed out of position easily by your thumb and the accessory cover falling off. So I thought I would share them here.

For the mode dial, someone suggests that we can wrap a piece of dental floss around the inside of the dial....then cut it off and tuck it in. The post states that it works great. Seems like that should work but I have not tried that yet.

Also they suggest to use a piece of "presstik" under the accessory cover to hold it in place.

In regards to the accessory cover, I lost mine as many others here have and I ordered a new one (actually 2) from B&H for $3.95 each when I placed another order for something else. The new one fits nice and 'tight' with a 'snap' when it is attached. I am very happy with the fit now and wish Nikon had used that design with the original purchase.

The V1 with my 70-200VR @ f/2.8 certainly works wonders getting small birds at 549mm (vs 200mm on my D800) with high shutter speeds and with the TC17 it gets me to 918mm. A monopod at 540mm is fine with the higher shutter speeds but the 918mm is going to take some practice with technique to keep it steady enough.

Dan
(Nikon D800 & V2)
"My most rewarding photos are those that capture something I didn't 'see' in the viewfinder....so just SHOOT."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Thu 10-Jan-13 08:38 AM
3342 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FYI...V1 Mode Dial and Accessory Cover Fixes"
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Alternatively:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=419&topic_id=2100&mesg_id=2100&page=2

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2573 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.