Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2561
View in linear mode

Subject: "Thinking of Nikon 1 V2" Previous topic | Next topic
jgdean Registered since 05th Jan 2013Tue 08-Jan-13 01:34 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Thinking of Nikon 1 V2"

Greensboro, US

It's been a while since I used to have my camera on hand all the time.
That was in the film days and I had a small Nikon FM and loved it!
Taking pics was simple and the results were great! Even won a couple photo awards for some of the pics I took. Fast forward to today.
I've had a pretty nice Sony Cypber Shot and took some decent pics.
Then a couple years ago, I upgraded to a Nikon D60. I was so overwhelmed by the technology I sold the camera without much in good pics.
Now, comes this Nikon 1V2 and I'm hoping that I will re-capture the joy of taking good pics with a smaller, lighter FAST camera.
My style is usually "taking pictures while wandering around" and used to get great shots.
Once I have my money in line, I plan to get a kit.
Any comments will be appreciated.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 08-Jan-13 02:33 PM
10632 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Thinking of Nikon 1 V2"
In response to Reply # 0

US

The 1 Series is a good pocket cam. I keep my J1 on me all the time. What's limiting the system is the small selection of native CX lenses. You can supplement with the FT-1 and DX/FX F-mount lenses, but then the camera becomes bigger. The 10-30 is not a bad kit lens, but the only native prime is a 10mm 2.8. Hopefully the variety will increase as time moves on.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 08-Jan-13 02:37 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Thinking of Nikon 1 V2"
In response to Reply # 1

Knoxville, US

The 18.5 is the other native prime.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 08-Jan-13 04:20 PM
10632 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Thinking of Nikon 1 V2"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Forgot about that. I'm trying to forget it because it's a 50mm! Where is my 32!!! (85 equivalent)

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 08-Jan-13 02:36 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Thinking of Nikon 1 V2"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I gotta say that the Nikon 1 series is a great camera to have around. It has better overall quality than point and shoots/smartphones and more flexibility with lenses. I've taken it to a few places where I wouldn't have bothered with my D800 (or D700 previous).

In fact, it got me thinking a lot like Scott Bourne (big time photog) who recently upon retiring sold all of his DSLRs and went to a micro 4/3 system. You lose some functionality but you gain a lot of fun.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2561 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.